CX-5 Diesel inquiry - Response From Mazda

Not the wheels..not from the back, not the seats or steering..interior refinement was the focus and it is much improved in that regard. In my hands it felt a little softer and less connected which isn't all bad..hwy/open road driving..def more serene.

Not the wheels..not from the back, not the seats or steering..interior refinement was the focus and it is much improved in that regard. In my hands it felt a little softer and less connected which isn't all bad..hwy/open road driving..def more serene.

People were complaining the Gen 1 was a bit too stiff. Hence changes for Gen 2

I have to walk part of this stmt back..saw a black 17 touring on the way in today- looked very sharp even from the back as I think it blurs out the ugly they injected into the tailgate.
And also by wheels I meant specifically the GT's 19s although they're bleeding down to the touring for 2018:(

Last edited:
I have to walk part of this stmt back..saw a black 17 touring on the way in today- looked very sharp even from the back as I think it blurs out the ugly they injected into the tailgate.
And also by wheels I meant specifically the 19s although they're bleeding down to the touring for 2018:(

the rear spoiler is barely there anymore... all weenie-ish now.

picked up a case of SS#8 yesterday... but i doubt i'll need to save any for you.

(headbang)

Haha..yeah that's my new standby..always in the bev fridge unless there's a problem..ie having 10 in one day

Maine Beer Company is having another special Dinner (DIPA) release next Saturday. But as good as it is, I don't feel like waiting in line for a hour or more just to get a 12 pack @ $96.

I just bought a new snowblower last weekend, and I'm fighting the urge to get a nice exhaust for the QX (whistle) (cheers)

Pretty nice stock exhaust note on those I thought..and yeah I don't think I'd be on that line- plenty of other vg options even if they're not quite the Maserati of beers!
Co-worker gifted me a Dogfish truth serum IPA to try..sink tasted about as much of it as I did..yuk! #awkward ..also plenty of not so good options!

Last edited:
Maine Beer Company is having another special Dinner (DIPA) release next Saturday. But as good as it is, I don't feel like waiting in line for a hour or more just to get a 12 pack @ $96.

I just bought a new snowblower last weekend, and I'm fighting the urge to get a nice exhaust for the QX (whistle) (cheers)
I'm waiting for the special dinner by Banjo's Beer Company.

[emoji16]

Pretty nice stock exhaust note on those I thought..and yeah I don't think I'd be on that line- plenty of other vg options even if they're not quite the Maserati of beers!
Co-worker gifted me a Dogfish truth serum IPA to try..sink tasted about as much of it as I did..yuk! #awkward ..also plenty of not so good options!

stock exhaust is pretty sweet.... but i want a bit more growl. i tried dogfish 120 ipa once... poured it out after 2 sips. lol

I'm waiting for the special dinner by Banjo's Beer Company.

[emoji16]

next time you're in Maine drop me a line. i've got a holiday stout conditioning as we speak...

I don't like the Dogfish 120 at all, not one bit. I don't care for the 90 that much either, but I can drink it. We just tried the Liquid Truth Serum. I don't know if I've had something before that was hopped only after boiling. The guy who sold it to me said it was a winter seasonal, but it sure tasted more like a summer offering. Fruity, juicy, dry, and somewhat flat. It was interesting enough to maybe try again. But my favorite fruity/citrusy IPA at the moment is Mayflower New World.

I don't like the Dogfish 120 at all, not one bit. I don't care for the 90 that much either, but I can drink it. We just tried the Liquid Truth Serum. I don't know if I've had something before that was hopped only after boiling. The guy who sold it to me said it was a winter seasonal, but it sure tasted more like a summer offering. Fruity, juicy, dry, and somewhat flat. It was interesting enough to maybe try again. But my favorite fruity/citrusy IPA at the moment is Mayflower New World.

Nightowl Brewing out of Mass has a very nice Pale Ale called "Whirlpool" that is only hopped after the boil... at least that's what they say (even tho, often times that still includes bittering hops used at the beginning of the boil). The late-hopping process is becoming more and more popular, as you preserve more of the essential hop oils and compounds that would normally be lost over the course of being boiled. Most of my hop additions are purely after the boil at this point now, and then plenty of dry hopping as well.

What i do not like is the current fad of cloudy New England Style IPAs. Ack! Looks like friggin' trub (wort during the fermentation process) or bog water. I'm okay with haze from chilling, but these new beers look disgusting. Bissell Brothers of Portland ME is big on that fad.

now i'm thirsty...

Last edited:
Yes on the new world ipa..I was throwing those back @cape this year..can't get them in my parts..I don't think DFH makes a beer (maybe the pumpkin for wifey) that I'd buy.
Hoppy Birthday and Pure Hoppiness from Alpine are both solid (kind of old school) piney bitterness with some backbone.

Oh yeah had a Hill Farmstead Edward (I think) pale that looked like a mess in the glass tasted pfg but not for $10 for maybe 14oz..

Yes on the new world ipa..I was throwing those back @cape this year..can't get them in my parts..I don't think DFH makes a beer (maybe the pumpkin for wifey) that I'd buy.
Hoppy Birthday and Pure Hoppiness from Alpine are both solid (kind of old school) piney bitterness with some backbone.

Oh yeah had a Hill Farmstead Edward (I think) pale that looked like a mess in the glass tasted pfg but not for $10 for maybe 14oz..

The reason I don't like much of the Dogfish beers is because I don't like the yeast they use.

I've had Edward at Prohibition Pig in Waterbury VT. I liked it, but don't recall it being too hazy. Here is Bissell Brother's beers. Need I say more?

20150918_160052.jpg

34096172572_2f5dc1e3fd_h.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow yeah those look gross!

They're big with the Urban Hipster crowd. My dad went there, and said the music was so loud it was unbearable. Kinda like an Abercrombie & Fitch store w/out the nauseating cologne being pumped thru the ventilation system.

Back