2017~2024 CX-5 brake pedal hard to push after changing rear pads

:
cx5
I just changed the rear pads on a 2018 CX-5, every thing went smoothly. I pushed the piston back and didn't turn it. Only mistake I may have done is: when I change from maintenance mode back to normal, I accidentally stepped on break pedal. At that time, I can step down the break pedal. Then I correctly ended maintenance mode. But after that, I can't step down the break pedal.

What can I do now? Really appreciate any help!

If you don’t feel right when you step on the brake pedal, try to put the rear brake in maintenance mode again, and get out of it. May be a couple of times.

The piston’s grooves have to be lined up in perfect North South orientation:

2F98AC81-132B-4E60-AB6B-1BA002F524D9.jpeg

If you haven’t, read this thread first by tomcat1446:

Maintenance Mode for 2016/2017 CX-5 electronic brakes

Upvote 0
I just changed the rear pads on a 2018 CX-5, every thing went smoothly. I pushed the piston back and didn't turn it. Only mistake I may have done is: when I change from maintenance mode back to normal, I accidentally stepped on break pedal. At that time, I can step down the break pedal. Then I correctly ended maintenance mode. But after that, I can't step down the break pedal.
What can I do now? Really appreciate any help!
I have not worked on 2021 cx5 but many people have complained about this and the procedure you got from internet or utube video is NOT in my opinion adequate for 2021 model. I have searched extensively for the procedure, and nothing. I am told the expensive computer used by dealer is used to reverse out the brake calipers, and put car in Service Mode to do brakes. Yes, i have seen the utube videos on how to put car in Service mode, but none of them claim its for 2021 cx5 model! I have always done my brakes, but this bugger is going to give me grief in a few years and i do not want to buy more gadgets to do a brake job. They claim if u push the pistons back manually, u will break the motor threads that push pull the piston in caliper.
Expensive and only expensive OBDC reader will have this brake caliper reverse function. The basic cheap ones have Brake Service mode option, but they do not work as per some utuber. Let me know if someone has found a way to service 2021+ cx 5 brakes at home and have been able to put car into Service mode for brake job. Not 2020 or earlier models.

Upvote 0
Back