2013~2016 CX-5 Brake pad and disk question

Hi,
I have a CX5 2014 and it is time to change the brake.
what is the original pad? ceramic or semi-metalic?
I'm looking at buy some and we were ok with the original pad in term of braking capacity and dust.
So if someone have the answer, it will be very appreciated.
Thanks
Brian

The OEM pads are good, but you will not duplicate them by buying aftermarket pads by material. Either material will make a good pad if implemented well. Concentrate on buying quality pads with the described performance you want.

There's no reason you can't go buy OEM, either.

The OEM pads are good, but you will not duplicate them by buying aftermarket pads by material. Either material will make a good pad if implemented well. Concentrate on buying quality pads with the described performance you want.

There's no reason you can't go buy OEM, either.
This ⬆️.

The OEM pads work great for me as well. Just right amount of stopping power with limited dust.

I will probably stick with OEM and buy from online Mazda dealer like mazdaswag.com, Mazda online, etc. to get best price. Mazdaswag has reasonable pricing, $68 for front brake pad set.

Otherwise, am looking at EBC red stuff(mostly ceramic) or fallback to NAPA Adaptive One ceramics. EBC also has yellow and green which differ on stop power, cold stop, dust, etc.

Last edited:
OEM is ceramic as far as I know, and is always an option if you like those. I found them to be a lot more expensive then aftermarket options though, so I ended up buying Bosch QuietCast ceramics and rotors. Will see how they compare when I replace them tomorrow.

OEM is ceramic as far as I know, and is always an option if you like those. I found them to be a lot more expensive then aftermarket options though, so I ended up buying Bosch QuietCast ceramics and rotors. Will see how they compare when I replace them tomorrow.
I always liked the Napa Adaptive cermamic ones on my Ford/mercury brand SUV.

But the OEM just feels right on this Mazda.
Looking to keep low dust and don't want the stopping power to be too much more than the OEM.

But the EBC do look interesting. My one buddy had those on his track vehicle.

Let us know how the Bosch feel.

I can’t understand someone not wanting to improve on factory stopping power when choosing an aftermarket pad? Why would the poster desire that?

I can’t understand someone not wanting to improve on factory stopping power when choosing an aftermarket pad? Why would the poster desire that?
-deleted-

Edit: Disregard, I thought this was another thread.

Last edited:
Back