2017~2024 CX-5 Borla vs Racing Beat Axle back Muffler

:
mazda cx5 gt
Would like to do exhaust mod on my 2021 CX-5 Carbon (non turbo). Will choose between Racing beat and Borla (touring version). Would appreciate any recommendations, information, comments or experience with these two manufacturers.

Also info on best prices and distributers for Racing Beat.

Thanks,
georgem44

I am also considering these two options and I had a racingbeat on a mazda3 with the 2.5l. It has a nice rich tone, and overall sounded great at WOT. It can be a little quiet most of the time, had a small window of drone (I'm being picky here) and cold starts were definitely louder. Based on the chamber design alone I would think the Borla setup is a lot louder but who knows.

Thank you gentlemen. I went with the Racing Beat Power Pulse exhaust. Purchased direct from Racing Beat. Very pleased with sound. As PNW_CX-5 says, a little loud at cold start. No annoying drone. Great tone when accelerating, then levels off to almost stock sound at highway cruising speeds. The 4" polished tips look great as well.

I purchased and installed the racingbeat and overall, it’s okay I think I was hoping for more loudness. It has the exact same chamber as the old one from previous car but since my cx5 is a 2021, the additional sound proofing may be a factor. There is occasionally a resonate frequency at around 1500rpms and I wish it was a bit louder. Cold starts have been quiet though.

Thank you gentlemen. I went with the Racing Beat Power Pulse exhaust. Purchased direct from Racing Beat. Very pleased with sound. As PNW_CX-5 says, a little loud at cold start. No annoying drone. Great tone when accelerating, then levels off to almost stock sound at highway cruising speeds. The 4" polished tips look great as well.
Couldn't agree more.

If Mazda would've created a performance version of the car. This is how it would sound

Quiet enough for adult time, loud enough to perk enthusiasts ears.

Back