CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

If you go through the threads on updating firmware, you will find recommendations on individuals to message privately. Some can help with files, others can’t. If I could locate my conversations, I could give you a name, but I can’t even find where they hide your previous PM's on this website. I have no idea why they would make that difficult. Do some reading and you will find something.

Keep digging through the forum, the files are here, I just can't remember where. But if I would still have the 55 installed, I would install AIO tweaks and give it a go. You can always get back to the original firmware if you don't like it.
I second this. I am so happy with the tweaks that I will NOT update the firmware to any higher version. Just enabling 'touch while moving' alone is enough for me.

Remove Startup disclaimer is my favorite. ;) Oh, and I changed the wallpaper.

I second this. I am so happy with the tweaks that I will NOT update the firmware to any higher version. Just enabling 'touch while moving' alone is enough for me.

That tweak works when you update to 74.00.311A if the tweak was done "manually" at least.
Not sure about the AIO tweaks or any other method though ...

AIO tweaks comeback? I thought Mazda closed the loop with the .100 upgrade or was it 300 something... Anyway, is it now possible again? Is this what you're talking about?

He is talking about IF you already had them installed there is a way to move to a newer FW while still keeping your original hacks... something I am not willing to try.
Also I may be wrong but I thought ALL versions could still be tweaked via the taking the radio apart method.

2023 Cx-5 Carbon, Apple Carplay with iphone 13pro. In normal driving the display shows my car (the blue arrow) pointing up or straight ahead with the map rotating as I drive. The car always stays straight. As soon as I input a destination and start a trip the display changes to the map staying North up and the car arrow turns. Is there a way to see the car straight and the map turn when following a destination?

My CarPlay isn’t working anymore

When I plug the cable in the USB port the iPhone start charging but the Apple CarPlay doesn’t load in the system . It doesn’t show on the screen

I already reset Mazda firmware holding the buttons on the central console

Already change usb cables , tried with 3 diferent cables , 2 android phones ( Motorola and Samsung ) 2 different iPhones ( 14 plus and 12 pro Max ) and the same it only show phone charging but doesn’t load CarPlay nor android auto

I’ve been reading in different forums and all this is related to a bug in the infotainment system that the fix is going to the Apple CarPlay play setting in Mazda and activate always enable but . As CarPlay is not detected CarPlay is blocked on the infotainment menu

I also unplugged and plug the car battery aand the module where the usb ports are plugged

Before CarPlay doesn’t show any more I had to plug and unplugged the iPhone many time for CarPlay to load and shows on the screen . But from one week on it doesn’t shows or load only th phone charging

CarPlay is my car Mazda 2019 signature is only available wired

I have an iPhone 12 mini. Right after I bought it, brand new phone, I purchased a USB charging magnetic cable, the part that you insert in your phone was detachable, with magnet. It was meant to be a charging and data transfer cable, so I could use the iPhone with the CarPlay. Few days later the phone stopped working with the CarPlay. I could charge it using that cable but no data transfer. Ended up replacing the phone but I realised that I screwed up my brand new phone using a wrong cable. I am not saying that you have a similar cable but you might want to check your phone, maybe the lighting port doesn't transfer data anymore. Check your phone with your computer, see if it still transfers data. Oh, and another thing: check the iPhone's port for debris, it accumulates dust over time.

I have an iPhone 12 mini. Right after I bought it, brand new phone, I purchased a USB charging magnetic cable, the part that you insert in your phone was detachable, with magnet. It was meant to be a charging and data transfer cable, so I could use the iPhone with the CarPlay. Few days later the phone stopped working with the CarPlay. I could charge it using that cable but no data transfer. Ended up replacing the phone but I realised that I screwed up my brand new phone using a wrong cable. I am not saying that you have a similar cable but you might want to check your phone, maybe the lighting port doesn't transfer data anymore. Check your phone with your computer, see if it still transfers data. Oh, and another thing: check the iPhone's port for debris, it accumulates dust over time.
iPhone 14 plus was brand new out of the box when I tried in my cx5 and also both iPhones are detected in iTunes when I plugg them in my laptop

Curious case is that CarPlay nor android auto upload in the car system they just show up they are charging

I’ve read in diferente forums that it’s about a bug in the infotainment systems that disables the data transfers. It needs to be enable but as CarPlay nor android auto Is detected both options are blocked in the infotainment menu

Hello. Hoping you can help me as I'm stuck with a failed screen. I own a 2017 CX-5 (North America), was running 59.00.502 NA N. I attempted to install 70.00.100A reinstall and failsafe, but it got to 2% and now just performs a loop. I've attempted to remove the ROOM fuse and tried different USB's with no success. Please help.

Hello. Hoping you can help me as I'm stuck with a failed screen. I own a 2017 CX-5 (North America), was running 59.00.502 NA N. I attempted to install 70.00.100A reinstall and failsafe, but it got to 2% and now just performs a loop. I've attempted to remove the ROOM fuse and tried different USB's with no success. Please help.
UPDATE - I've been messaging with @ASH8 and was provided instructions and a new .up file. Unfortunately, it was a no go and I've hit a wall. I figure I have two options at this point. 1) Purchase a used cmu and try again or 2) Find someone that can perform the serial hookup and repair it.

Questions regarding options:
Option 1 - Does it matter if I have a bose stereo, the cmu is from a different country, etc.? Anything I need to know before I attempt to purchase a used one?

Option 2 - Anyone on the forums know how to perform the serial hookup reset? What's the cost, time frame, etc.?

Thank you in advance,

Sugi

I've noticed in the last few months, Android Auto works a lot better. Most of the time whatever I was listening to is automatically resumed just seconds after plugging my phone in.

UPDATE - I've been messaging with @ASH8 and was provided instructions and a new .up file. Unfortunately, it was a no go and I've hit a wall. I figure I have two options at this point. 1) Purchase a used cmu and try again or 2) Find someone that can perform the serial hookup and repair it.

Questions regarding options:
Option 1 - Does it matter if I have a bose stereo, the cmu is from a different country, etc.? Anything I need to know before I attempt to purchase a used one?

Option 2 - Anyone on the forums know how to perform the serial hookup reset? What's the cost, time frame, etc.?

Thank you in advance,

Sugi

UPDATE - Hello again. So I've decided to attempt option 2. I've ordered a CH341 programmer and SOIC 16 clip. Can anyone point me in the direction of once I've performed the restore, what software I can upload? I'm not clear on once I change the CMU to boot if I can place the latest and greatest or if I have to start at a certain point and work my way up?

UPDATE - Hello again. So I've decided to attempt option 2. I've ordered a CH341 programmer and SOIC 16 clip. Can anyone point me in the direction of once I've performed the restore, what software I can upload? I'm not clear on once I change the CMU to boot if I can place the latest and greatest or if I have to start at a certain point and work my way up?
Welp... I got all the parts and no go. Not sure how or where the 16 pin to 8 pin came from, cause it did not come in the kit I got and I can't find the adapter that Ride and Live shows in his video. I'm about 10 hours or so into this and can't figure it out. Not getting replies back on here and figuring that these vehicle are no longer being modified at this point so... looks like I'm buying a new cmu. All this just so I could run google maps :(

Welp... I got all the parts and no go. Not sure how or where the 16 pin to 8 pin came from, cause it did not come in the kit I got and I can't find the adapter that Ride and Live shows in his video. I'm about 10 hours or so into this and can't figure it out. Not getting replies back on here and figuring that these vehicle are no longer being modified at this point so... looks like I'm buying a new cmu. All this just so I could run google maps :(

ANYONE THAT BRICKED THIER CMU, PLEASE READ.

Hoping to save some poor souls time and money in the event that you bricked your cmu. Per my messages above, attempting to open the cmu and re-program using the method from the video by Ride and Live or others like it, can't work unless you find an adapter that is 16 to 8 pin. I've done a ton of research and can't locate the adapter on the internet nor how to make one. Maybe you will have better luck then myself and others, but lots of people can't locate this adapter and just end up buying a used cmu in the end. Also, because this issue has been ongoing for years, most of the links to download the programming software and drivers to update the programmer (CH341A) no longer are live and it took me hours just to find one that wasn't loaded with spamware. In the end for me, I attempted to connect wires from the SOIC16 clip to the programmer using a data sheet that told me the conversion. It did not work and I ended up buying a used cmu. My mistake like others is I got very excited to install the new firmware and missed a step. Save yourself a ton of time and headaches by taking your time, inquire with members that can give you the correct firmware and follow the instructions carefully. Take an extra 20 minutes and read it a few times! It's better then the 20 hours you will spend on attempting to fix it.

I gotta ask: CMU? What does CMU stand for? Central something unit? How about HU? Anybody else miss the term: radio? LOL

GET OFF MY LAWN! :D

Back