CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

There was Android Auto for Phones that worked if you had a stereo couldn't use AA. What would normally appear on your stereo would appear on your phone. That's the only thing that's being changed. Regular car stereo based AA isn't going anywhere.

Sort of clear ;-) My concern is that since this was an after-market installation (by the dealer), it only works through my phone - I have to plug my phone in via USB before Android Auto will even show up on my screen. If the next Android OS update removes the app, I'm not sure how it will work. ETA: my 2017 didn't come with Android Auto, it wasn't an option that year -- that's why I had to add it later.

There was Android Auto for Phones that worked if you had a stereo couldn't use AA. What would normally appear on your stereo would appear on your phone. That's the only thing that's being changed. Regular car stereo based AA isn't going anywhere.
Yeah that's the problem, AA didn't come with my stereo system.

Again, if AA displays on your car stereo's screen, there's absolutely nothing to worry about. This only effects users who never has the ability to see AA on their car stereo.

Again, if AA displays on your car stereo's screen, there's absolutely nothing to worry about. This only effects users who never has the ability to see AA on their car stereo.
I don't know how much clearer he can be?!?!
The app you keep referring to is for people that CANNOT display AA on the stereo. There is no connecting. The app runs ONLY on the phone completely independently of the cars situation.
And, in fact, that feature isn't truly being removed, it's just been integrated directly into Google Assistant. So even if that was the app you are using... it isn't... but if it was, you'd still be ok.

I won't update up until they offer wireless Android auto
The head unit has to be specifically made for that. Or, you have to get a dongle for that to work.

Bluetooth by itself simply doesn't have the bandwidth to handle wireless AA, so all wireless AA goes via WiFi. Yup, the head unit has to have a WiFi card built into it.

If not plugging in your phone (which charges it, by the way!) is that important, check out https://carsifi.com/ for an adapter.

It has WiFi card built into it, to operate with connected services and lokal search in navi via wifi hotspot on your phone.

Yea, I don't get how plugging in a cable to your phone is such an arduous task that you're not even going to get this amazing new feature over it?!?
Come on man.

Last edited:
I just run put my phone in the phone mount, connect the audio from my phone wirelessly to the Mazda audio source, and use the Mazda nav to look at the bigger map. It works great. I suppose I would love it if I had my phone map on the Mazda screen, but since I never had that I don't miss it.

Has any one with a retrofitted AA/ACP kit in their CX5, had problem in using their cars original/factory GPS navigator? I was thinking of installing a retrofit usb kit for AA/ACP in my 2017 CX5 but then read somewhere that the factory navigator card does not work after installing the kit. Is this true?

Has any one with a retrofitted AA/ACP kit in their CX5, had problem in using their cars original/factory GPS navigator? I was thinking of installing a retrofit usb kit for AA/ACP in my 2017 CX5 but then read somewhere that the factory navigator card does not work after installing the kit. Is this true?
Not true. I have the AA/ACP kit installed and the Mazda navigation works fine…correction…it works as well it can. Even if what you heard was true, you should still get the kit installed. Navigation from your phone connected to your car is sooooo much better than the native Mazda navigation could ever be. ACP has dramatically improved my driving experience.

Last edited:
Be aware that there are now lots of non genuine clones of the Kit on Ebay, etc.
Always buy from a Mazda dealer even if buying online.

That link does not work from Sweden. Any mazda dealer on ebay or Amazon? Thanks.
Then go to THIS link for Sweden. Find the “owners” section and then the “accessories” section. If you want to purchase it on Amazon or eBay, you will have to simply go to those websites and perform a search for the ACP/AA retrofit kit. We can’t operate the internet for you. You’re going to have to do SOME of the work on your own.

Mazda Sweden

Last edited:
Back