CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

So far, unpairing my iPhone with the cars Bluetooth is working good! Usually see the issues 5-10 minutes into a drive, and just completed 30 min drive without any blips while using CarPlay.

I tested moving into different apps, using maps and streaming audio, even did a phone call without issue.

Problem seems to be a date bug, as so many people are being affected starting around the same time.

Also, I left the SD card in.

Last edited:
I was hoping that after I updated my phone to ios13, it might be fixed. Unfortunately, it rebooted twice in a 2 hour drive this evening.

Went to dealer for oil change.
Asked about AA/CP installation cost. He said "$399!".
I said, "Well, price seems to have come down a lot from $525 to $450, now $399."
He said, "Not going to drop further. $399 is as low as it is going to get...."
This is in Fremont (SF Bay area).

Doesn't car play automatically reconnect Bluetooth? Android auto does that. After deleting all BT connections and plugging the phone back in re-established the Bluetooth links

Question. I have IPhone X running IOS 13.1. My Infotainment firmware is still 70.00.100. Everything has been and is working perfectly. Is there ANY reason to update my firmware???

No. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Actually my version is 70.00.0021, not 100. But its working fine so Illl stick with what I have. Especially after the dealer told me this morning they were going to charge me $119 to update my software.

Last edited:
I want to retrofit my 2018 CX-5 for AA and I would like some clarity first. My firmware is currently 70.00.335 so I would believe I'm good to install the kit without messing with a firmware update. I tried to confirm this with the local dealer but the said I still need to update software first. Can anyone shed some light on whether I need to update firmware before installing the kit?

Thanks

Hey guys - anyone heard any fixes from dealer on infotainment restarting issue with 2019s? Mine hasn't crashed in two weeks since I removed SD card but some people said theirs did. Any fixes out yet?

My reboots stopped by itself, and had not occurred since the initial reports. Wonder if Sirius had a bad download for the travel link system.

Did you reinsert the SD card and see if it works? I'd rather the fix not be that we have to lobotomize the system.

Same. And yes I also think it is something to do with Sirius travel link!

I put back the SD card again and no more crashes. Self resolving issue?

Just got my updated to 70.00.335 during a regular service. Complained that the screen has been playing up, freeze up etc. 👹 It took them some time to do it.

Can anyone confirm what is the latest firmware as of today? @raj55 only posted this early September and wondering:

What is the latest firmware?
How often is new firmware released?

Anyone have a link as to what is fixed in each firmware release?

What do you ask for in Service to get them to flash your head unit with the latest firmware?

They never tell us what's new in these updates. Wouldn't that be nice?!?!?

Can anyone confirm what is the latest firmware as of today? @raj55 only posted this early September and wondering:

What do you ask for in Service to get them to flash your head unit with the latest firmware?

70.00.335 is the most recent one. I recently noted that in Cruise control it reminds you to hold the steering steady when you are not that careful

What's the time estimate on how long it takes the dealer to install Android auto? Getting ready to take the plunge.

Just tell them that it keeps randomly rebooting

Installed mine myself today and took a few shortcuts. Mostly in the fact that I didn't zip tie everything as recommended.

Took the car out for about an hour drive and noticed no rattles or new noises.

Don't know why there is talk of rattles, shouldn't be any.

Can you send a link to the install procedure? Trying to do this myself

Back