CX-5 2016 Entertainment area not working

Hello All,

I have a 2016 CX-5 Sport non-Bose, out of nowhere the Entertainment area of the display cannot be accessed, not through center console or touch screen. Also the volume up and down doesn't come up in the screen.

I have a feeling this is due to a bad amplifier. My question is, if the amplifier is fried, should it prevent me from accessing the Entertainment section or has something broken also in my infotainment?

IMO a bad amp wouldn't prevent you from accessing the Entertainment section.

Do you have Nav on this car? If so, how does it behave?

Do you have Nav on this car? If so, how does it behave?
Thanks Conrad, I don’t have Nav card so I have never used it.

I took the car to an audio shop and they tried to hook up an aftermarket radio/display but no audio came out, hence they said it must be a bad amp since the OEM and aftermarket are not able to produce sound.

The OEM infotainment one day started to act very laggy and then came back to normal, that same moment it would not allow me to go in Entertainment anymore.

Does this mean that I also need to replace the unit?

Thanks Conrad, I don’t have Nav card so I have never used it.

I took the car to an audio shop and they tried to hook up an aftermarket radio/display but no audio came out, hence they said it must be a bad amp since the OEM and aftermarket are not able to produce sound.

The OEM infotainment one day started to act very laggy and then came back to normal, that same moment it would not allow me to go in Entertainment anymore.

Does this mean that I also need to replace the unit?
You went through the reset procedure, right? There's a series of 3 button presses that reset the thing to factory settings. Off the top of my head, I don't know it but it's here on this forum someplace.

You went through the reset procedure, right? There's a series of 3 button presses that reset the thing to factory settings. Off the top of my head, I don't know it but it's here on this forum someplace.
Hey yes, I have done the 3 button reset as well as the other 2 types of reset in the infotainment without luck

Would anyone have an idea if I purchase a used unit via eBay will it be a simple plug and play?

Also, I see mine is model "KA0G 669 C0 F", would a "KA0G 669 C0 B" also work or it has to be the exact same model number? They are being listed for 2016 Mazda CX-5 but I see that difference in the last digit/character.

Yes plug and play and no programming required. Higher character/letter at the end of part number the higher the revision.
If you have done with troubleshooting, disconnecting battery terminal, checking commander and steering wheel switches yes I believe digitizer shorted out and blocked control from Commander knob like the infamous "ghost touch".
The ITO (Indium Tin Oxide) film of touch screen may be corroded due to moisture, which may
adhere on the lens of touch screen during the cleaning process at the plant. The corrosion may allow the electrostatic capacity to vary without any input, causing the malfunction of touch screen.

I know it's a gamble but did you take your car to the dealer? They have an special service program running. Lens Kit for CX5 is about $190, check procedure below:

Attachments

• SA-041-22.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 102
Would anyone have an idea if I purchase a used unit via eBay will it be a simple plug and play?

Also, I see mine is model "KA0G 669 C0 F", would a "KA0G 669 C0 B" also work or it has to be the exact same model number? They are being listed for 2016 Mazda CX-5 but I see that difference in the last digit/character.
My solution to everything broke.

Get one at the junkyard.
Works for almost everything (except maybe girlfriends)

And the price might be cheaper than a used unit from ebay and junkyards usually give you at least a month return on part's.

Ebay stuff usually isn't returnable.

Each junkyard differs so check the return policy.

Hey guys, update here:

I bough a new CMU (Connectivity Master Unit) for my infotainment, model "KA0G 669 C0 G", replaced it, it seemed like plug and play, but the outcome was the same, no access to the Entertainment section. I'm returning this piece and will try replacing the TAU (Tuner Amplifier Unit) as suspected from the beginning. I hope this can fix the problem, I've seen in other pages that this is the true fix.

Car details: 2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport 2.5L
Now my question, my TAU reads the following:

Model No. KA0T 66 DRX
Ref.No. CR-LM04E2JM
S/W KA0T 0002 0402 (I don't know what this number is)

I have a found a few replacements but are not exactly the same, anyone could have an idea if these would surely fit, or which one would be the most correct out of all:

Option 1: The unit looks exactly the same, but looking at the VIN of the car it came out of a 2017 CX-5 not 2016 (Don't know if they are interchangeable). There is a 1 digit difference in the S/W number.

Model No. KA0T 66 DRX
Ref.No. CR-LM04E2JM
S/W KA0T 0002 0409

Option 2: This one does say it is from a 2016 CX-5. There are different digits in model, ref no and S/W numbers.

Model No. KA0H 66 DRX
Ref.No. CR-LM04E7JM
S/W KA0H 0002 0402

Any ideas here guys? Or should I look for one that has the exact same numbers in all areas?
Also keep in mind, I don't live in the US, I'm buying through Ebay and have them sent to my country, all the junkyards in my country don't have any of this :( so it is vital that the item matches or that at least the seller allows returns.

Back