CX-30 Dash cam question (original CX-30 JP accessory part)

So I saw that Mazda actually offers their own dash-cam, as an accessory to be installed in the CX-30. Looks like both, rear and front. As I was browsing the forum, I found a lot of discussions about wiring and turning in-built cameras into dashes, but no discussions about it for the CX-30.

I am attaching the link to the pdf for your reference Mazda JP Accessories catalogue

You can see it in the B&W section of the catalogue. My question is, has anyone tried ordering this part directly, can it be bought? My dealer straight up refused to import it. :D

Any other hints, tips or recommendations on dash-cam make/model/installation - are more than welcome!

Aftermarket dashcams are usually universal. I don't think there is any reason to use the Mazda dashcam besides personal preference.

Generally, the hardest thing about installing a dashcam is hiding the wires/running the cable from the front cam to the rear cam. I have a Viofo A129 Duo front/rear dashcam setup, with the rear camera mounted to the rear window. The only issue I've had with it was the cable that runs from the front cam to the rear cam - the cable failed, so my rear cam isn't working. Still need to get around to reinstalling the cable replacement. Here's a link to a guide I put together a few years ago. You might be able to get a general idea of how to approach the installation in your CX-30.

Aftermarket dashcams are usually universal. I don't think there is any reason to use the Mazda dashcam besides personal preference.

Generally, the hardest thing about installing a dashcam is hiding the wires/running the cable from the front cam to the rear cam. I have a Viofo A129 Duo front/rear dashcam setup, with the rear camera mounted to the rear window. The only issue I've had with it was the cable that runs from the front cam to the rear cam - the cable failed, so my rear cam isn't working. Still need to get around to reinstalling the cable replacement. Here's a link to a guide I put together a few years ago. You might be able to get a general idea of how to approach the installation in your CX-30.

Do you have a CX-30? I'm having trouble finding out why my dash cam does not turn off when the car turns off. I've installed dash cams on Mazdas before and this is the first time the dash cam doesn't turn off. I've tried both acc socket and hardwire.

No, I have a CX-9. Interesting that the ACC socket is always live in the CX-30, it isn't in the CX-9. Hopefully someone with a CX-30 can provide a solution for you.

Back