CV axle/boot question

Bulu

:
Protege5
So, I noticed a tear in my cv joint boot a while ago, and I had planned on taking it to a buddy's place this past weekend to get it replaced since he has a garage, the proper tools, and lots of experience. Unfortunately, he wasn't available this weekend so I figured that I'd be able to wit until the next. Well... I was wrong. On sunday, I noticed some noice coming form the same front driverside cv axle area and then it started making a grinding noise, but only at low speeds. I drove the car about 10 miles home and haven't drove it since.

I talked to my friend and he said that I will probably have to replace the whole CV axle so I'm going to get the part and take it to his place and see if it just needs a new boot and grease or if it needs an entire axle. I already have a replacement boot but I need help finding the correct cv axle.

I picked up a driver side cv axle from the AutoZone near me, but apparently, their system doesn't distinguish the Protege5 model from the regular Protege. I was wondering if they use the same part or if I need to look elsewhere.

My protege is a 2002 Automatic

Summary: Does the Protege5 and the regular Protege use the same cv axle on the front driver side?

i'd check rockauto fairly cheap, I need to do my passenger side one. I feel like they do, the one difference is between manual and automatic transmission.

As mentioned, the drivers side axle is different for the automatic and standard transmission.

Rockauto is your best bet, they're only about $30 American and you know it's going to be the right part. (I'm not sure if the regular protg is the same)

Back