Custom Steering Wheel?

AznXstazy

:
Mazda MP3
hey guys, was just lookin around ebay and found this.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

although they claim its for a 01 rx-7.... they never made a 01... and it looks exactly like our mp3 special edition ones and maybe even the msp ones too. so just a thought if it is that would be a nice little mod. if it isnt then that guys a liar hehe. just to let u guys know.

s*** if that thing sells then i'm takin mine off and selling it for 500 and then just buying a used one on here and makin a few bucks!

lol true that lol. i didnt think it was a custom rx-7 one. i thought it was just a msp or mp3 steering wheel that fit.

AznXstazy said:
lol true that lol. i didnt think it was a custom rx-7 one.

I don't think it's custom either. But it's a pretty rare item here in the states. I don't remember for sure, but I think that the 'Nardi' wheel was offered either as an option or only on the Efini or Type R. IIRC, it was slightly smaller in diameter than the stock too. Since it was never available in North America, and because of it's smaller size and what some consider to be a more contemporary style, it's very desirable...hence the price.
I think it's a plug and play item on an FD, not sure about other models. IMO, the only down sides are 1. Price...and 2. It's difficult to cleanly adapt the cruise control buttons to this steering wheel.

Last edited:
Back