Current Engine bay pics everyone

Current. Still working...

2012-06-24_19-56-21_528.jpg

Here are a couple..

Whole Engine Bay:
DSC_0785.jpg

No PS, A/C, CC, charcoal canister, emissions equipment, no VRIS, electric water pump. All unused wiring/sensors/relays/etc. removed.

DSC_0777.jpg

Engine bay needs to be cleaned some and my new shroud/fans put in..but this is how it is right now..

HKPRO-

It is a Stewart Components EMP 55 GPM inline electric water pump. They also have a 35 GPM (i think). It is really nice because you can get them with AN threaded housings, so that I can just thread it on when I get the fittings and such and mod the thermostat housing for it. The pump is much smaller than the Moroso 35 GPM one that I had, and it is inline so installing it was pretty simple, once I found the correct hoses that were large enough on the pump side and small enough for the radiator outlet. The pump is attached to a custom radiator, and those two things allowed me to also delete the burp tank. Then on the front of the engine, I got a block-off plate and a gasket to take the place of the pump. I still have the stock fan on there until I trim the mishimoto shroud down..but the setup is working very well. Pump is wired in to come on with the fuel pump for right now..I will wire it to a switch at some point to help the car cool, say, in the staging lanes..

John, would you mind PM'ing me how you deleted your PS. Did you use the Ranger pulley? And how did you de-power your rack? Looks great and love all the deletes.

John, would you mind PM'ing me how you deleted your PS. Did you use the Ranger pulley? And how did you de-power your rack? Looks great and love all the deletes.

Thanks. With the PS gone and the electric water pump there is no need for any sort of pulley..the whole belt/tensioner/etc for that set of accessories is gone. No a depowered rack..it is a 323 manual rack. Shoot me a PM to remind me to send you the link to the build on the rack..it is over on PT. I can't right now.

Very nice! I will need to take a look into that. Thanks!

Yup. Anything else just ask!

Gotta love FWD engine bays. Even when "stripped" they're still cluttered.

Look at a stock PGT any you will see cluttered, lol. COP, ITBs, and a tuck should make a world of difference..

Latest posts

Back