Current Engine bay pics everyone

I know that car pretty well. You sold it to my buddy and we put my old motor in it. He has since sold it and now has a Mazda6 wagon. But still is probably the cleanest P5 in Ohio.

Current status. Just painted the bay this weekend.
2012-09-03_18-30-35_192.jpg

I didn't installed my camber plates wrong... I already have Eibach camber bolts down there so I decided to turn my camber plates 90degres so I can now have adjustable Caster since these cars cannot adjust caster.

I adjusted my caster slightly off OEM spec so steering is a bit stiffer at low speeds but much more stable at high speeds. Don't worry guys, I know what I'm doing and most of people think I'm a clown... but I'm a 10-year-experienced mechanic, now working as a Master Tech at Volvo's heavy trucks.

BTW--- Sick engine bay Circuit, wonder where you got those cammo rad hoses!!! Keep up the good work!

I didn't installed my camber plates wrong... I already have Eibach camber bolts down there so I decided to turn my camber plates 90degres so I can now have adjustable Caster since these cars cannot adjust caster.

I adjusted my caster slightly off OEM spec so steering is a bit stiffer at low speeds but much more stable at high speeds. Don't worry guys, I know what I'm doing and most of people think I'm a clown... but I'm a 10-year-experienced mechanic, now working as a Master Tech at Volvo's heavy trucks.

BTW--- Sick engine bay Circuit, wonder where you got those cammo rad hoses!!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks! They are a special order color from Samco. Took about 6 months for them to come in from the UK

Thought I'd join in, but I guess all my engine bay pics are during power pulls... :D Current ones:

mz5_dyno_m_1.jpg

frontier_dyno_m_1.jpg

s2k_on_dyno_noplate_med.jpg

s2k_kn_fipk.jpg

Old:

aem_hybrid_cai_inst_med_45.jpg

crx_junk_med_17.jpg

ef_stock_katie.jpg

Bonus: 1st ever K swap in a 7G (2001-2005) Civic from waaaaaay back in the day

7g_civic_1st_k_swap_aaron_1.jpg

Another bonus: 1st running J35 swap in an S2000

j35_s2k_intercrew_wm_60.jpg

Thought I'd join in, but I guess all my engine bay pics are during power pulls... :D Current ones:

mz5_dyno_m_1.jpg

frontier_dyno_m_1.jpg

s2k_on_dyno_noplate_med.jpg

s2k_kn_fipk.jpg

Old:

aem_hybrid_cai_inst_med_45.jpg

crx_junk_med_17.jpg

ef_stock_katie.jpg

Bonus: 1st ever K swap in a 7G (2001-2005) Civic from waaaaaay back in the day

7g_civic_1st_k_swap_aaron_1.jpg

Another bonus: 1st running J35 swap in an S2000

j35_s2k_intercrew_wm_60.jpg

J35 Swsp? can you be more specific? more details, videos or pics..

Huh? V6 and SOHC? Or are you talking about the D15 and D16 in the previous pics?

Those are some pretty sweet swaps though. Have any links to your builds?

My mind is blown as to how you can have one cam with a V6. Or do you mean SOHC on each side? I'm so confused... haha

One cam right down the middle bro. Just google pictures of Honda/any single cams. There's just more 'knuckles' bunched closer together as apposed to the larger empty spaces you have on intake/exhaust cams.

My mind is blown as to how you can have one cam with a V6. Or do you mean SOHC on each side? I'm so confused... haha

Wow...

Yes, 1 cam on each head = SOHC. Dual cam twin-bank engines aren't called QOHC because they have 4 cams ;)

Sorry, the way it was worded made it sound like the V6 only had one cam, period. That's what blew my mind and confused me. But that makes sense it's just the wording SOHC and DOHC are just for one head.

One cam right down the middle bro. Just google pictures of Honda/any single cams. There's just more 'knuckles' bunched closer together as apposed to the larger empty spaces you have on intake/exhaust cams.

It's not a "Over Head Cam" if you've got 1 cam running down the middle of the motor... it's one cam over each head.

One cam for a V6 or V8 would be old school OHV pushrod mills. Let's not even venture into the world of flatheads...

Back