Cracked Cylinder Head

I bought the car used in 2021 with 24,000 miles on it so I am not sure when it was originally driven off the lot. I contacted Mazda North America and asked to have my complaint escalated to a manager. I was told I would hear back from them in the next few days.
If you call ANY mazda dealership service dept with your VIN, they can give you the " in service" date which is when the warranty started for the first owner. It will also show them the " through" date which is when it ends.

I bought the car used in 2021 with 24,000 miles on it so I am not sure when it was originally driven off the lot.
Then based on what your CX-5 just a week passed your powertrain warranty? All Mazda dealers can access Mazda’s system and find out the new vehicle delivery date on your CX-5 with the VIN. And MNAO has the same capability to get such information too.

I contacted Mazda North America and asked to have my complaint escalated to a manager. I was told I would hear back from them in the next few days.
Keep us posted.

Update: Mazda North America just called me and said they reviewed my claim and now I only have to pay $250 out of pocket to have the cylinder head replaced. Much better than $3,000. Thank you to all the members that helped me out. This is a great community!

Last edited:
Update: Mazda North America just called me and said they reviewed my claim and now I only have to pay $250 out of pocket to have the cylinder head replaced. Much better than $3,000. Thank you to all the members that helped me out. This is a great community!

I'd call that a win!

Back