CPE MS3 Engine management

funkyman

:
Mazda MS3 Red with NAV
Is there any news or development on the CPE MS3 Stand Alone ECU pnp system yet?

5ZIGEN GRAVIS(CHROME)
KUMHO ECSTA SPT 235/40R18Y

Attachments

• P8010021_resize.JPG
    P8010021_resize.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 2,523
Last edited:
i just installed the wire in standback havent tuned yet cuase i have to work but the car is running great!!!

what ETA, 2018 at this pace.

(braindead Us MS3 owners will be changing our cars soon with all the interest we are getting by the after market tuning and performance companies.Almost after a year and a half of first sale and maybe 7000 cars sold and rising,still no p&p ECU.I`m loosing hope,how long do we have to wait for god sakes?,bloody 3 yrs or something when the model is out dated with 60k on the ruddy clock and too many chips and nicks on the paint job(eyeballs)(jerkit)(dunno)

Heh, I understand where you guys are coming from, but it really is quite a challenge getting the requisite connectors from Mazda. The SPEED market is very competitive, and there are many smart people all working towards the same goal. So if were really that easy, I think we'd see more PnP options on the table, but there aren't unfortunately, and that's just the name of the game.

The fact is Mazda intentionally made it very difficult to get the connectors because the design is proprietary to Mazda. So they can't legally sell us the connectors. If they did, then we'd have PnP by now.

I don't know about the other engine management reps out there, but we're getting closer to the end goal. The latest I heard was the end of January, unless things change, as they have in the past. But as always, I'll try to keep you guys updated the best I can!

I think it would be easy to mold the original connectors and copy it, I mean, if you can do that with pistons and other parts, Why not these damn connectors?

The piggyback is a no go for me without pnp.

Lets put everything aside for a moment.In Japan street tuners and Mazda tuners are more abundent and more fanatical about tuning,therefore you would have thought a Japanese tuning company or an individual will have long made a p&p ECU and connector by now.Interesting that you couldn`t source a sample or prototype fom Japan.

Lets put everything aside for a moment.In Japan street tuners and Mazda tuners are more abundent and more fanatical about tuning,therefore you would have thought a Japanese tuning company or an individual will have long made a p&p ECU and connector by now.Interesting that you couldn`t source a sample or prototype fom Japan.

I see what you're saying, but the problem isn't so much getting the connectors because we have samples here. The problem is finding a plastic casting company with the talent to produce these plugs in quantity. The fact is that most of the plastic companies we spoke to wouldn't even take the job because it was so involved. I'm not sure if anyone on these forums has plastic casting experience, but casting hundreds of holes that are ~0.030" in diameter, and holding the tolerances required to mate with the metal pins is actually very difficult.

We know people are holding out for PnP, which is why we're putting forth so much effort into the project. The good news is that we are expecting our first sample some time in January, and they said they can produce the full batch shortly thereafter is the samples are right. So, there is light at the end of the tunnel (2thumbs)

the pnp might be better as you can "unplug it" completely for a trip to the dealer, but my dealer knows I have the standback installed and he's cool with it. The wire in standback works peerfect and it costs less than pnp

Never having purchased a PNP, is it really as simple as plugging up, flashing the ECU (or something, please let me know if that's just wrong) and then hitting the road?

Then of course going back to stock whenever you want?

Also, I would assume that there would be different maps for different mods?

Will this standback throw any errors on the dash or stock ECU or not and will it controll the troque and boost ,factory drive by wire.

Back