Framed autodimming rearview mirror to frameless

Seems 2022 and newer CX5s have the same connector type (the one behind the cover) as the Mazda accessory frameless mirror connector. So connectors match. Which makes it very easy to install the frameless mirror without any wire splicing as the instructions for earlier models.

The only problem is the pin positions (wires) on the car connector are not matching. I was able to de-pin the pins on the car connector and re-pin (move) them to match to the right positions of the frameless mirror connector.
The 12v ignition (ign), ground (-) and 12v constant from Battery (bat). There is also a brown cable (reverse gear) but that is not used in the frameless miror.
The then makes it a direct plug and play.
That is for the frameless oem mirror accessory that Mazda sells.

Black is ground, Violet is 12v ignition, blue is contant 12 from battery. This is where they need to be moved. I used a sim card pin to take the actual connector pins out of the connector.
This is from 2022 turbo that comes with the framed homelink auto dimming mirror.
The Mazda oem frameless mirror is much nicer and that lack of frame to me gives more visibility through the windshield. Good upgrade.

IMG_4547.jpeg

Last edited:
Is the frameless version the same overall dimensions? I was curious if the footprint was smaller for a bit better visibility.

Yes. It doesnt have a frame so the overall dimension is smaller. It does offer better visibility out through the windshield and looks more upscale.

Back