cp-e takes FullControl of the MazdaSPEED6

each flash cycle takes about 15 min and doing through the obdii port can be dangerous if there are any interruptions. Additionally the spec on the chipset used in MS6, MS3, and CX-7 ecus is only 100 flashes. It may last more but it's not spec'd to. Standback changes are instantaneous and can be changed/flashed thousands of times.

cp-e is devoted to the standback. Their flash will eventually fix things like weather related problems and closed loop/open loop transition but those things will only make the piggyback tuners that much more effective. Personally, with as many changes as I make to my car I like the flexibility of being able to tune it myself to the mods I make.

thats bs about the obdii port all other car/truck makes out the use the obdii port to flash / tune my tuck took 10 min each time the tuner had to edit the tune on my sct hand held tuner
we flew the guy into KC ( sal from psp) to tune & dyno 15 lightning/harley trucks
after he got done i had 2 tunes a tow and a power
if i need any othe help he could the email me a new tune and load it to my sct hand held unit

so why can't Cp-e give us a had held flasher cause they would stand to lose to much $$
it would also cost a good chunck of $$$ and time up front to make a hand held flashing unit

they could use a already made unit to load a flash onto
but licsenings fees to them would cut into the Ce-p's cash

every car is different from the next. i can tell you right now that the AccessPORT can be very touchy if interrupted on these cars. we've done more than a few unsuccessful or interrupted flashes from that unit here which have left one car non-operational.

i've talked with SCT and Blue Oval Chips for these cars. they didn't even want to touch them, even after I sent them ECUs to test.

thats bs about the obdii port all other car/truck makes out the use the obdii port to flash / tune my tuck took 10 min each time the tuner had to edit the tune on my sct hand held tuner
we flew the guy into KC ( sal from psp) to tune & dyno 15 lightning/harley trucks
after he got done i had 2 tunes a tow and a power
if i need any othe help he could the email me a new tune and load it to my sct hand held unit

so why can't Cp-e give us a had held flasher cause they would stand to lose to much $$
it would also cost a good chunck of $$$ and time up front to make a hand held flashing unit

they could use a already made unit to load a flash onto
but licsenings fees to them would cut into the Ce-p's cash

Part of the reason you can not do this is that the flash is still under development. cp-e has the throttle tables done and they are working on the other functions such as the lambda tables and fixing the cold weather issues, etc. Despite what COBB says, they don't have the entire ecu figured out and I would argue are significantly behind cp-e in their flash development.

Developing a handheld device would require time and effort and cp-e feels that that effort is better spent making the car predictable simple so that their standback will be even more effective and we won't have weather related issues, etc.

From an AWD CX-7:
FLASH IN!! AND INSTALLED!!
WWWOOOOWWWWW ........
Can't give you a full update yet cause its hot out, but for now, well worth it. I have the AWD version and it's pulling hard to redline. The power loss is really minimized after 5500rpm. According to the DH, throttle staying fully open. AFR's are the same, boost is reacting the same. Will data log timing tonight.
The best part, which is making me really anxious, is that it is pulling hard while my boost temps are over 130. Usually at this point, our cars just lick. But she was pulling good today at those temps!
At one point, I got the boost temps down to under 110, and 1st gear WAS triggering the traction control at some points.... with my brand new rubbers (only 60km's on them). Anyway... very excited... transmission is the last thing on my mind!!!lol

Zero fuel cuts.... I'll be putting on the ETS 3" TMIC tonight. Hopefully with the throttle control, it will rid the fuel cut. Plus, while I was waiting for the ECU to arrive, I noticed the turbo inlet and outlet were not tight. So I tightened them. Please god I get no fuel cuts!! Will cross my fingers!!

I remember logging fuel pressure earlier this year, and there was never any consistencies with fuel cut relating to the fuel pressure. But I will be doing much logging over the next couple of weeks, and will let you guys know.

Oh... and no CEL's

GREAT JOB CP-E!!

Back