Cp-e problem with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrlilguy: There's a reason why SU was banned from this forum. I find it funny you say they are emulating similar tactics.

That sucks these companies resort to mudslinging when they can't let their products and results do the s*** talking.

Also, the Mazda market will also never get any big name manufacturers because of all this fanboyism from everyone. Quit sucking up to get yourself a discount. It's annoying as s***. People act like the cheap hooker on the road corner to save a few bucks.

I do agree youre name should not be dropped considering it has nothing to do with you, or your business.

thats really all i ask. i can't control any other aspect of the situation than that.

i'm happy laloosh has his pump and it has given him killer results, i really am and hope he knows that. i think our pump is a good piece of hardware. i just don't see how or why that needs to be a catalyst for an internet war for anybody. we're all car enthusiasts. we're all supposed to be on the same side, and thats developing our community. i really think we need to reach a point where we can move on from this thread and move forward.

thats really all i ask. i can't control any other aspect of the situation than that.

i'm happy laloosh has his pump and it has given him killer results, i really am and hope he knows that. i think our pump is a good piece of hardware. i just don't see how or why that needs to be a catalyst for an internet war for anybody. we're all car enthusiasts. we're all supposed to be on the same side, and thats developing our community. i really think we need to reach a point where we can move on from this thread and move forward.

Whether you want to admit it or not.... the boards are split. And they HAVE been split. You get slammed all the time over there and to some extent SU gets a bad rap here that they probably dont deserve.

This isnt namedropping. On that board youre "protege garbage". They knock your integrity, quality, value, etc. CPE's initial writup on their fuelpump was unethical.... outrageously bad business. We dont sit and listen to the phone calls behind the scenes that "clear that stuff up". I decided to buy your pump because of Laloosh and now hes banned on that site for buying the wrong pump and being a little "too excited" about it over there.
If it worrys you where this is going.... we are the LAST people that should be reprimanded. Markets are fueled by buyer confidence... Were "brand junkies" in this country and industry. It makes a big difference where and how we spend our dollars....who we get it from. JDM is a great example.

As long as this was headed this way, THIS WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN!!!!!! It will only get worse. The two boards HAVE been split, and now high profile forum members are getting thrown down on the carpet for the parts they use and support.

This isnt a problem thats just going to go away on its own. Itll get worse. And it wont be forum members who are going to have to fix this. This is gonna have to be fixed on a higher level than that. Quite frankly I dont know if it can be fixed. Hyundai targets Land Rover, and Lexus for petes sake. Its how business is done and the consumer is the final judge.

The members come to rant and rave, argue or debate, be excited, or complain about failure.... and we are allowed to be proud of our parts!!!!! And to defend our decisions accordingly. What the hell are our sigs for anyway.

BTW... I know a little about business myself. And Ive been a ***** to my customers to get where Im at. The 10-15k Im gonna spend on my car is gonna be spent anyway I like. Im the customer on this one and Im gonna act like a spoiled one. My credit card gives me that right.

Last edited:
i think we all might just scare cobb and other potential vendors off

You think this issue is gonna keep people from spending money? Hell no. The heated excitement, debate, and competion will FUEL this market.

It will encourage them to make quality parts and stand by ethical behavior. The companys that play the right way will make a ton off this market. And thats the way it should be.

And that applies to EVERYBODY. There are tens of thousands of MS3's available worldwide, and within 5-7 years they will probably ALL be modded. This car is the next SRT4..... how many of those can you find stock right now.

Theres too much of our money thats going to be spent. The vendors arent going anywhere. Hell, name one that can even keep up with demand as it is right now. They are ALL behind. The group buy on the turbo manifold speaks for itself. It was initially supposed to be "hopefully 20 guys"....lol

Last edited:
Whether you want to admit it or not.... the boards are split. And they HAVE been split. You get slammed all the time over there and to some extent SU gets a bad rap here that they probably dont deserve.

This isnt namedropping. On that board youre "protege garbage". They knock your integrity, quality, value, etc.

please stop taking Jsheroins comments and saying they represent anyone but him. Ken is fully aware of how that one person views him, its not universal, not even close.

As Ken said, this type of crap will only scare off potental developers in the future. I just want to provide info, everyone can come to their own conclusions.

If there are posts saying PG sucks, and Jsheorin's name isnt attached to it, post em up and together we can discredit the posters. I dont believe they exist in any magnatude great enough to create a blanket statement.

well, i havent read most of this thread besides the first pg. but if it matters to you laloosh, i recognized you from both forums and i still like you, lol. but seriously, i think you did nothing wrong

cp-e got the same ego complex that i saw at AMS. but at least AMS has been in the EVO market for YEARS with proof and numbers to back up their talk. cp-e has been in the ms6/3 world for what ??? 2 years.....?? and they make decent ...yet expensive stuff. but none of it is "best in class" if you ask me. if you go on the EVO forums all you hear is praise of AMS like they are gods. i'vw been there.....they are dicks !! cp-e comes off very customer friendly "come see our shop anytime " its a sales pitch...thats it. you walk away thinking... wow those guys are really nice, and they care about me. BS !!! its an act to get your money just like any other bussiness. i will get banned along with laloosh, long before i fall into their trap like many have.
until they offer a public appology to laloosh, i have lost ALL respect for them.

lol...you guys are so funny :) Ego Complex? right.. I'm confused why CPE needs to apologize to laloosh....he was the one being disrespectful?

First, I didn't even read this whole thread, but I'll remind everyone of an old saying..."There are two sides to every story." Always.

Second, laloosh has made it a point to air his dirty laundry on more then one messageboard. Why is this anyone else's business but his own? If anyone has a problem with our company, and we've said this before, then they need to address us directly. How does posting this on a messageboard solve anything? Ask yourself honestly, is this really the best way to resolve issues?

The fact is that laloosh had his chance, and he has been warned on several occasions that if he did not calm down and stop his confrontational attitude, then he would be banned from our sub-forum, which we pay for. Maybe he forgot to mention that he had been warned before, and that our decision to temporarily ban him wasn't made in haste? I have no intention in defending myself as this is between laloosh and cp-e. This has nothing to do with anything else, and despite what the conspriarcy theorists say, laloosh was temporarily banned for being rude, inflammatory, and confrontational. It had nothing to do with the information he posted. Everything else is nothing but damaging speculation.

Secondly, and I've asked this before, but why do these issues need to turn into a fight? Why is there this deep urge for drama? There are certain rules of civility that I would expect, and appreciate from people both in business and personal affairs. I think issues like these turn into an ego battle, and people take these matters personally because they feel they need to defend their purchases. The fact is that we're all working towards the same goal, and I think people forget that sometimes. cp-e provides only the most accurate data that we have available to us, and we do that for the community. In fact, before cp-e came about, what other companies strived to publish factual data about their products in the way that we do? I'd like to think that we've helped this community in that sense because we're pushiung other companies to follow suit. We're all about science and engineering, and we won't give into these kinds of ego battles. We simply won't.

This has gone far beyond what's necessary for good science and good engineering, and I'm really disappointed at where this all went. We're all adults here, and I'd like to think that we can have a difference of opinion without creating these hate fests. I think everyone is doing the very best that they can, and we need to keep things in perspective. If you guys truly want the best for the SPEED community, then you'll at least consider both sides of the discussion, and realize that this car is very complicated. People would like to make issues like these cut and dry, and we're just trying to say that it may not be so simple.

So, you guys can either hear us out, or continue hating us with only half of the story. The choice is yours.

Jordan

oh no... not boost..

yeah, I'm afraid I have to open my mouth about this subject because its really disappointing to hear. I got into it with another member on the other boards, a war of wits, if you will. Both of us had obviously broken forum rules, yet I got the shaft. Approached with a warning, I told the mod to go f*** himself if he won't take a look at the matter with a fair and balanced perspective. Needless to say, I was banned! It took the personal effort and time of Cosmic to get me back in (he wasn't even a mod then).

One thing that none of us can stop is our own personal bias. This bias is the product of all experiences we've dealt with since the day we were born. None of us, have the exact same bias or outlook, because we've all dealt with different things. At the end of the day, some of us try our best to keep a neutral balance to offset this bias and be more public-friendly, some us do not.

In my personal opinion, Laloosh is one of those members who came off a little more than just conceited. His high-horse approach to a lot of topics, and condescending posts really made it hard for me to find any respect for the guy. But actively trying to find that balance, I noticed he was contributing a lot to the forum. He reported back everything in detail and spoke his mind, I can't knock him for that. Again, a lot of negative reports can easily be written off as opinion more so than fact. So while I was never a fan of laloosh and his personality, I certainly appreciated his posts and findings.

But when a small business forgets they are a small business, and instead acts like an individual under the gun, they lose all integrity. When a small business targets an individual consumer and lays down the iron fist in a completely uncalled for manner, that's just unprofessional. I was never a fan of CP-Es products, because a long while ago when their intake was released, there was some smack-talking going on at some event. A member from the forums went and spoke with them at their kiosk and they apparently just continued to bag on the mazdaspeed intake and continually say why theirs was better. That's not good business. Before I read that, I was willing to give them a chance because of the seemingly high-quality pieces they made. But reading about that just completely took a shot at the respect they deserve, and so I kept my mouth shut about that company and failed to ever recommend them.

EVERY SMALL BUSINESS takes heat in one form or another. And it's only in those times when their integrity is tested and their truth is revealed. I am a huge advocate of another small business who has successfully held themselves to a professional standard for over 6 years. They have earned my unwaivering business through the high quality of their products, and the exhausting test they put each product through until its released. That company will NEVER compromise quality to rush a product to market. They are always worth the wait, because when you finally have the product in your hands, you have just received a high quality piece thats been built with passion and you have their complete support until the end. They are doubted and hated and misrepresented, but they never lash-out against a forum member or customer. For their suspension set-up they took so much heat with the fact that everyone was bullying up against them and asking how their spring rates plan to resolve the issues with the stock dampers. They were cornered and continuously questioned... They didn't flinch or take anything personally... only reinforced that they tested the product and felt that was the best setup to be achieved. Only to find that weeks later, reports are surfacing from members who have tried their suspension kit and absolutely love it. Or some members who have even track-tested them and found them to be a significant upgrade over what they used to run. This company will remain nameless as their name is not important to the subject at hand... However, they style of doing business is.

A company should allow the product to speak for itself and offer PATIENT support for the client. I'm assuming, because I don't know the whole story, that Laloosh was giving CP-E a tough time when they were trying to help him trouble-shoot. Which in the case of the consumer, can be a difficult and frustrating situation when a product is not doing as it's intended. For that reason alone, CP-E should take extra measure to try and understand his frustration and NEVER lose their cool. They need to remember that they need to act like the professionals they claim to be and help resolve the matter without taking ANYTHING personally. They have already lost my business for the time being as this just stacks up and towers far beyond their last stunt.

My PM box has several messages each day with people asking for recommendations or just wanting to know what "Boost thinks" they should do. I can say that CP-Es name has been recommended as an option once or twice to try and be fair. But after this, you can bet your bottom dollar that it won't be. And it will soon be your bottom dollar if you continue to run business in this manner.

Laloosh, I'm sorry to see this has happened. While you and I may not agree in most cases, this is just plain discrimination. And just for the fact that it's WRONG, if there's anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask. You have my support 100%

First, I didn't even read this whole thread, but I'll remind everyone of an old saying..."There are two sides to every story." Always.

Second, laloosh has made it a point to air his dirty laundry on more then one messageboard. Why is this anyone else's business but his own? If anyone has a problem with our company, and we've said this before, then they need to address us directly. How does posting this on a messageboard solve anything? Ask yourself honestly, is this really the best way to resolve issues?

The fact is that laloosh had his chance, and he has been warned on several occasions that if he did not calm down and stop his confrontational attitude, then he would be banned from our sub-forum, which we pay for. Maybe he forgot to mention that he had been warned before, and that our decision to temporarily ban him wasn't made in haste? I have no intention in defending myself as this is between laloosh and cp-e. This has nothing to do with anything else, and despite what the conspriarcy theorists say, laloosh was temporarily banned for being rude, inflammatory, and confrontational. It had nothing to do with the information he posted. Everything else is nothing but damaging speculation.

Secondly, and I've asked this before, but why do these issues need to turn into a fight? Why is there this deep urge for drama? There are certain rules of civility that I would expect, and appreciate from people both in business and personal affairs. I think issues like these turn into an ego battle, and people take these matters personally because they feel they need to defend their purchases. The fact is that we're all working towards the same goal, and I think people forget that sometimes. cp-e provides only the most accurate data that we have available to us, and we do that for the community. In fact, before cp-e came about, what other companies strived to publish factual data about their products in the way that we do? I'd like to think that we've helped this community in that sense because we're pushiung other companies to follow suit. We're all about science and engineering, and we won't give into these kinds of ego battles. We simply won't.

This has gone far beyond what's necessary for good science and good engineering, and I'm really disappointed at where this all went. We're all adults here, and I'd like to think that we can have a difference of opinion without creating these hate fests. I think everyone is doing the very best that they can, and we need to keep things in perspective. If you guys truly want the best for the SPEED community, then you'll at least consider both sides of the discussion, and realize that this car is very complicated. People would like to make issues like these cut and dry, and we're just trying to say that it may not be so simple.

So, you guys can either hear us out, or continue hating us with only half of the story. The choice is yours.

Jordan

Please Jordan, quote me where i was disrespectful to your company or your prducts prior to you not liking my data. Also please show the boards where i was warned or told to stop. You emailed me saying you dont like my attitude. (fu) Hows that for an attitude. Now you act all civil and innocent....after loosing tons of business due to your bulls***. Nowhere did i bash your products. The only "bashing" if you wanna call it that was towards your standback. I said i still dont feel its worth getting if some1 is going to run 18-19psi. Thats my opinion and no1 elses. Alot more people know alot more things about many more things now (thigns that are silent to these forums based on whatever morals and respect you have left)......id really watch what your going to say.

Last edited:
The fact is that we're all working towards the same goal, and I think people forget that sometimes.

we are working towards the same goal, but even that statement there goes against josh adams long conversation with me the tuesday before SEMA, about 7pm CST.

i've got nothing more to say at this point.

oh no... not boost..

yeah, I'm afraid I have to open my mouth about this subject because its really disappointing to hear. I got into it with another member on the other boards, a war of wits, if you will. Both of us had obviously broken forum rules, yet I got the shaft. Approached with a warning, I told the mod to go f*** himself if he won't take a look at the matter with a fair and balanced perspective. Needless to say, I was banned! It took the personal effort and time of Cosmic to get me back in (he wasn't even a mod then).

One thing that none of us can stop is our own personal bias. This bias is the product of all experiences we've dealt with since the day we were born. None of us, have the exact same bias or outlook, because we've all dealt with different things. At the end of the day, some of us try our best to keep a neutral balance to offset this bias and be more public-friendly, some us do not.

In my personal opinion, Laloosh is one of those members who came off a little more than just conceited. His high-horse approach to a lot of topics, and condescending posts really made it hard for me to find any respect for the guy. But actively trying to find that balance, I noticed he was contributing a lot to the forum. He reported back everything in detail and spoke his mind, I can't knock him for that. Again, a lot of negative reports can easily be written off as opinion more so than fact. So while I was never a fan of laloosh and his personality, I certainly appreciated his posts and findings.

But when a small business forgets they are a small business, and instead acts like an individual under the gun, they lose all integrity. When a small business targets an individual consumer and lays down the iron fist in a completely uncalled for manner, that's just unprofessional. I was never a fan of CP-Es products, because a long while ago when their intake was released, there was some smack-talking going on at some event. A member from the forums went and spoke with them at their kiosk and they apparently just continued to bag on the mazdaspeed intake and continually say why theirs was better. That's not good business. Before I read that, I was willing to give them a chance because of the seemingly high-quality pieces they made. But reading about that just completely took a shot at the respect they deserve, and so I kept my mouth shut about that company and failed to ever recommend them.

EVERY SMALL BUSINESS takes heat in one form or another. And it's only in those times when their integrity is tested and their truth is revealed. I am a huge advocate of another small business who has successfully held themselves to a professional standard for over 6 years. They have earned my unwaivering business through the high quality of their products, and the exhausting test they put each product through until its released. That company will NEVER compromise quality to rush a product to market. They are always worth the wait, because when you finally have the product in your hands, you have just received a high quality piece thats been built with passion and you have their complete support until the end. They are doubted and hated and misrepresented, but they never lash-out against a forum member or customer. For their suspension set-up they took so much heat with the fact that everyone was bullying up against them and asking how their spring rates plan to resolve the issues with the stock dampers. They were cornered and continuously questioned... They didn't flinch or take anything personally... only reinforced that they tested the product and felt that was the best setup to be achieved. Only to find that weeks later, reports are surfacing from members who have tried their suspension kit and absolutely love it. Or some members who have even track-tested them and found them to be a significant upgrade over what they used to run. This company will remain nameless as their name is not important to the subject at hand... However, they style of doing business is.

A company should allow the product to speak for itself and offer PATIENT support for the client. I'm assuming, because I don't know the whole story, that Laloosh was giving CP-E a tough time when they were trying to help him trouble-shoot. Which in the case of the consumer, can be a difficult and frustrating situation when a product is not doing as it's intended. For that reason alone, CP-E should take extra measure to try and understand his frustration and NEVER lose their cool. They need to remember that they need to act like the professionals they claim to be and help resolve the matter without taking ANYTHING personally. They have already lost my business for the time being as this just stacks up and towers far beyond their last stunt.

My PM box has several messages each day with people asking for recommendations or just wanting to know what "Boost thinks" they should do. I can say that CP-Es name has been recommended as an option once or twice to try and be fair. But after this, you can bet your bottom dollar that it won't be. And it will soon be your bottom dollar if you continue to run business in this manner.

Laloosh, I'm sorry to see this has happened. While you and I may not agree in most cases, this is just plain discrimination. And just for the fact that it's WRONG, if there's anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask. You have my support 100%

I have gotten into disagreements about topics with many people on many forums. The great thing is that you and many others that don't see eye to eye with me on certain topics have either pmed me or wrote messages like yours. I just want to say thx.

If there are posts saying PG sucks, and Jsheorin's name isnt attached to it, post em up and together we can discredit the posters. I dont believe they exist in any magnatude great enough to create a blanket statement.

i'm pretty sure i know that chump. the guy who ran off to another vendor when i wouldn't float him free parts or parts under cost to fix his broken car. guy has some kind of ego complex about how much of a pioneer he is with his 3. i don't need people like that. if SU or anyone else wants to take care of people like him, by all means they have that right. i have zero qualms about turning problem customers away. my business isn't going anywhere but up.

i'm a paying sponsor over on mazda 3 forums but i spend next to no time over there. nutari represents PG on that forum. i don't think, from his description of things, there is universal hatred for me there - quite the opposite. if there is, and there is good reason, then perhaps there is something i need to do to correct that. my ears are always open to potential advice from the customers. i stay away from the fanboy crap though.

getting back to this thread - its going to go downhill from here i gather, so perhaps a mod could step in and close it? thats my position on the matter. i think each side has made thier point and i sadly doubt this will be the last time the issue rears its head.

I'm sorry jordan,

But you can't come in here with a high-expectation to see people acting mature. You made an immature decision and thus are being fed one in return. We can all preach about acting dignified and respectful, but what have you done?

Now you're singling laloosh out. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'm not a fan of the guy. BUT THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WAY YOU CONDUCT BUSINESS.

You are turning this into a ONE on ONE. Laloosh vs CP-E. WRONG! This is more like a community member vs the NAME, the IMAGE you've put so much time and money in to CREATE. This type of bull**** has put companies at their knees. Because a public forum is the single best place to find loyal consumers who follow suit.

Laloosh has been a demeaning, condescending royal piece of $hit to several members... Do WE have the authority to ban him and pass judgment just because we don't like his attitude? NO. So why should you?

Don't you feel that it's a more professional and dignified decision to just LET IT GO? And let him say what he says? Instead of showing absolute desperation on behalf of your business by BANNING HIM, as if his SINGLE opinions will make or break your next bank deposit.

I'm sorry, but from a consumers stand point you have made a VERY BIG MISTAKE. Not everyone walks away from K&N and says, damn that's a great filter. But do you see them swinging off a single individuals nuts? No, they have bigger fish to fry and more products to prove.

Take the high road and stop making this a one on one. you have single handedly destroyed the CP-E name to many eyes on these boards. And I'm sorry to report, but when a specialty car comes along like the speed3. It's enthusiasts that buy them. Most of these enthusiasts band together for help, knowledge, experience, product reviews, and how-to's. They form a loyal community because they have a huge common interest. If I had to guess, we make up AT LEAST 60% of your mazdaspeed3 market share. If you guys took the high road, it would be easy for a lot of forum members like myself to just write off laloosh as a jerk, and continue giving you guys a chance. But when you've stooped to THIS level.... good luck climbing out.

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure i know that chump. the guy who ran off to another vendor when i wouldn't float him free parts or parts under cost to fix his broken car. guy has some kind of ego complex about how much of a pioneer he is with his 3. i don't need people like that. if SU or anyone else wants to take care of people like him, by all means they have that right. i have zero qualms about turning problem customers away. my business isn't going anywhere but up.

i'm a paying sponsor over on mazda 3 forums but i spend next to no time over there. nutari represents PG on that forum. i don't think, from his description of things, there is universal hatred for me there - quite the opposite. if there is, and there is good reason, then perhaps there is something i need to do to correct that. my ears are always open to potential advice from the customers. i stay away from the fanboy crap though.

getting back to this thread - its going to go downhill from here i gather, so perhaps a mod could step in and close it? thats my position on the matter. i think each side has made thier point and i sadly doubt this will be the last time the issue rears its head.

jsheorin... isnt that the kid with the avatar of himself with a piece on his waist? I have laughed at that for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back