CorkSport SRI vs. ProtegeGarage SRI

Cryss

Anyone have either? Pros? Cons?
They seem to be about the same to me, except for dry/oil filer. is the piping the same size? is it pretty much just a brand name thing? the ProtegeGarage is cheaper, even with the option to powdercoat the inlet pipe.

anyones thoughts? i tried searching i could not find much info on the ProtegeGarage SRI. it seems like everyone is running Cobb SRI (backorder) or a CAI. Im staying away from CAI forsure..

Anyone have either? Pros? Cons?
They seem to be about the same to me, except for dry/oil filer. is the piping the same size? is it pretty much just a brand name thing? the ProtegeGarage is cheaper, even with the option to powdercoat the inlet pipe.

anyones thoughts? i tried searching i could not find much info on the ProtegeGarage SRI. it seems like everyone is running Cobb SRI (backorder) or a CAI. Im staying away from CAI forsure..

Both are good intakes. You should be fine with either one.

Both Corksport and PG have pictures of the intake installed on their sites.

I'm also trying to pick between the 2. The PG is less expensive, especially with the free shipping. But I like the looks and the dry filter of the Corksport.

Decisions, decisions.....

yeah the price for PG is what gets me and the fact that it isnt on backorder. i couldn't find any pics of the PG installed.

From PG's site

SRIinstalled.jpg

I have Corksport and it works awesome! But, honestly I'm sure any SRI is gonna be about the same...It's going to come down to build quality, price, and customer service. I think PG might come out on top, but make sure you get the TIP and the SRI....Otherwise the Corksport is a better deal because it come with both pieces.

If your on the fence and don't need the black PC on the inlet pipe then get the Corksport system (SRI + Turbo inlet) as it comes out cheaper as mentioned above you get both the short flow and the inlet pipe for less than a PG SRI + PG black PC'd Inlet pipe. Or you could go PG SRI + Corksport/PG non PC inlet and this would = the Corksport system but you mentioned wanting the black PC option PG offers that CorkSport doesn't so black inlet or not, oiled filter or dry..... Can't go wrong either way.

However, are you located in - is that California = "Soul Cal"? If so, you may want to consider spending the extra $25 on the SRI portion and wait for the Cobb SRI. That way you don't have to worry about swapping it in and out for smog inspections. When you smog the car, show them the little CARB sticker Cobb supplies with the intake and your legal. Also, if a cop stops you and asks you to pop the hood you'll be prepared with the CARB sticker so they won't give you any crap for it. That's never happened to me but I have heard of this happening.

Last edited:
Back