Cookies Banner

IPad is clear now. I’ll check the Windows/Firefox desktop tomorrow and report the results afterward.

Thanks for the updates and info...

@cxha So it's not appearing on the iPad (browser?) but it is appearing on your Windows machine running Firefox...Is that correct?

Are you running any ad blockers at the browser or OS level? If so, have there been any recent updates and or changes (to settings even)?

@gce Ok so this is happening on a Windows machine running Edge...Same question as above...

Are you running any ad blockers at the browser or OS level? If so, have there been any recent updates and or changes (to settings even)?

Are either of you running Ghostery (or something similar)?

It appears that ad blockers can prevent the consent management cookie from being set.

Thanks for the updates and info...

@cxha So it's not appearing on the iPad (browser?) but it is appearing on your Windows machine running Firefox...Is that correct?

@gce Ok so this is happening on a Windows machine running Edge...Same question as above...

Are either of you running Ghostery (or something similar)?

It appears that ad blockers can prevent the consent management cookie from being set.
No add blockers or Ghostery here. I'm not running anything in the background.

So @cxha is using DDG but @gce is not running anything of the sort…Yet you both seem to be experiencing the same issue.

Hmmm…So far the only commonality if I’m not mistaken is that this is happening on a Windows machine…Maybe this detail will help surface a solution…Every bit of info helps…Will report back…Thanks for your continued cooperation and patience.

Ps… @cxha Are you using Windows 10 as well?

Funny, the last time this happened it was fixed in a day and I was on the same laptop running the same system. Maybe document the fix for next time.

good luck...

Great news. No Mas!!
Great to hear, thanks for the update! (y)

Still the same here. :(
Sorry to hear that…Can you test if this is happening as well when using “incognito” or private mode (with the same setup)?

It appears the cause may be the environment / setup you’re using and not something in our control unfortunately…

It's back again today on my Windows 10..... persistent little bugger.

🤬

I've had the same system and laptop for years now. I go to a few forums and none of them have this problem. I don't feel that I have to install something to fix a problem you have on your forum. I'll just live with it and not come back here as often.

Putting this on the top of my response...

Have any of you tried clearing browser cookies and local storage cookies? If so, has it helped?

Please let me know, thanks!

Fixed for some but problem for others.
Now mobile chrome is popping the cookie banner.
Seems this happened last summer as well...Has it been fine before the summer?

It's back again today on my Windows 10..... persistent little bugger.

🤬
I hear ya...Was it present before the summer?

I've had the same system and laptop for years now. I go to a few forums and none of them have this problem. I don't feel that I have to install something to fix a problem you have on your forum. I'll just live with it and not come back here as often.
Are those forums using any sort of cookie consent system or nothing at all? Also, as requested before...Can you test if this is happening as well when using “incognito” or private mode (with the same setup)?

It's been off and on and each date is posted in this thread. I haven't switched browsers though as Firefox works perfectly for me everywhere but here whenever that banner reappears.

Back