2017~2024 Condesation rear lamp in new CX 5

In 3-month-old CX5 I have condensation (moisture) in the rear left lamp. Service doesn't know root cause, have replaced lamp for three times, as well as wire harness. It appears only in cold weather or rain/snow. Any clue or idea?
29122019.jpg

It’s known by Mazda over here. They say if the condensation doesn’t trickle like yours, ignore it. If it does, replace it. Mine often do the same after washing. I’m in the ignore camp!

Attachments

• Foggy Lens of Rear Combination Lights.pdf
    363.2 KB · Views: 149
In 3-month-old CX5 I have condensation (moisture) in the rear left lamp. Service doesn't know root cause, have replaced lamp for three times, as well as wire harness. It appears only in cold weather or rain/snow. Any clue or idea?
View attachment 222716
Why they would think it is the lamp or wire harness is beyond me. They're idiots. It's obvious that the lamp housing/module is not sealed properly. Make them replace the entire module.

Why they would think it is the lamp or wire harness is beyond me. They're idiots. It's obvious that the lamp housing/module is not sealed properly. Make them replace the entire module.

I'm guessing that by "lamp" he means the whole housing. Plus the replacing the wiring harness includes the bulb sockets and their seals - in case those seals are bad.

When you say "3 month old," are you referring to a 2020 model, or to an older [used] one you recently purchased?

(I'll sit here and wait for those who know model years by the taillights to educate me).

Back