Color Selections

While the Soul red is so heavily marketed its one i originally refused to even think of getting because the potential for higher insurance prices. Nonetheless, that red is brilliant.

My insurance agent never asked me about the color of my Mazda3 Soul Red.....

To me, it's all about what colors I have/have had for the last so many years. I currently have a beautiful magnetic red car (13 years), a white MX6 GT (17 years), and a Galaxy Grey Mica MX5 (1 year). I know lots of people prefer neutral colors, like black, grey, white, or silver, but I prefer colors that stand out, like reds, blues, and greens. However, since I'm tired of red, that leaves me with blue - blue reflex or deep crystal blue. I will keep it covered during the day (car cover), so darker color temps don't concern me.

I see that some dealerships are offering 0.9% financing on 3s.(cool)

Saw a 3sGT yesterday on the highway in a color not available on the Mazda website. It was a deep brown metallic, almost like an oil rubbed bronze. It looked sooooooo good and I have no idea how they got it!

The dark crystal blue is very nice, elegant, seen it in person on a Mz3 at the dealer just this morning. I have the Blue Reflex (sand int.) & Meteor Gray (blk int.) on my Mz6s and they're both great colors too. I hate a salty car and this winter is not helping get them washed frequently, too cold.

You're right... The color bars is selecting the color really doesn't represent it right. It is a really sexy color in person!

to me the titanium looked too much like someone accidentally spilled a bit of their root beer in the grey paint. but I was on the lot the only 2 winter days we have in south Texas so ive never seen it in good light.

ive always been a fan of bright vibrant sports car paints like Competition Yellow Mica. I have never built a car with that subtle look though and thats why I ended up with a Meteor Grey s Touring.

I still need to give it a good detail, just got it saturday.

NuCK1gg.jpg

ydhQYJq.jpg

Edit: after looking at the gap between the fender and tire, I could fit a slightly larger tire (havent checked out how wide it could go) and probably still lower it.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of the blue reflex mica, also. it stands out to me as a 'pretty' color and I havent seen too many of them around the dealer lots. I thought it might hide dirt kinda like a silver car does, but still have some personality.

the dark blue also caught my eye in the showroom the other day. It had a nice metal flake in it and some real depth to it.

in my mind, i try to pick the most expensive-looking color which usually means the most unique or maybe a color you'd see on a higher end brand. to each his/her own.

My wife really dug the Blue Reflex iTouring hatch, but the only two available in the STATE when she bought hers were ATs and she wanted a stick. So, she had to settle for a Titanium, which she promptly called dogs*** Metallic, although she's gotten used to it (actually, it's quite nice in sunlight). Latest VWs and Nissans have a similar color.

Price also had something to do with it, because the dealer wouldn't guarantee the $20,600 OTD if she had to wait for the Blue.

In retrospect, Mazda could have lightened the Titanium just a shade; it'd definitely be more attractive, IMO, regardless of body style.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of the blue reflex mica, also. it stands out to me as a 'pretty' color and I havent seen too many of them around the dealer lots. I thought it might hide dirt kinda like a silver car does, but still have some personality.

the dark blue also caught my eye in the showroom the other day. It had a nice metal flake in it and some real depth to it.

in my mind, i try to pick the most expensive-looking color which usually means the most unique or maybe a color you'd see on a higher end brand. to each his/her own.

The Deep Crystal Blue looks amazing when lit from above with bright lights at night. For some reason the Blue really comes out in this lighting.

Hey guys, new to the forum. I thought I'd join In on the topic.

I just got my mazda 3 igt hatch last Wednesday. After a week or so to debate color I bit the bullet on the model I test drove which was white snowflake pearl. Originally I was leaning toward blue or black. But I have to say, it looks awesome in this white pearl. I'm going to get window tints, plasti dip the emblems black and maybe paint the rims black. I think all that will really pop with the white. I am totally loving this car. (Coming from a gmc terrain, and a wrangler prior haha)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back