Cobb ap map plus cobb ap w/wastegate

mp5123

Contributor
:
silver 08 ms3
im thinking about getting a cobb ap but i have a forge wastegate actuator on my speed and was wondering 1. if anyone else is running an aftermarket wastegate with the accessport. 2. if so what spring are you running.
3. with my mods: forge waste gate actuator w/14-19 spring su test pipe, cobb inlet/sri, itv22 denso, what map should i run. now i understand id be better off getting a custom tune definately but just if i decided to use the ap with out tune or if anyone is already running similar setup with OTS map.

The AccessPORT maps are made for a stock actuator. The aftermarket actuator will make you overboost more than likely. You will want a protune for that part if you are going to use the AccessPORT or any other "canned" tune. Actuators will generally run more boost. You are really just fine with the stock actuator.

how much does a protune normally run do you have military discount or anything

A ProTune is usually somewhere between $375-$450 depending on the car, the modifications and the time it takes to tune the car. If you call the Plano facility they can give you a complete rundown on pricing and discounts. You can find them here:

COBB Tuning
1200 Placid Avenue
Plano, TX 75074
Phone: 214.291.3020

does the austin branch do the tuning as well i live in killeen and itd be alot easier. would it double the price if i wanted a map tuned fo 18 lbs and than also a map tuned for mpre along gas saving or would that take too much time trying to tune the ecu and just have a map with stok boost with the mods and a map with higher psi.

Back