COBB AP for GEN2 MS3

Well, they have already proven a bone stock tune to put out around 285whp. A 305whp with SRI, TIP, DP, HFC, and CBE. Which I pretty much have minus the DP. So that is very promising.

Still waiting on an update. The only thing put out really is that there shouldnt be an issue with production rates to keep up with the initial rush of orders when it first comes out. Im hoping for mid january. Fingers crossed people.

I have read that the existing AP can be used, it will need a software update (download) for the GENPU.

From COBB

"We've been spending extensive time on the dyno, driving on the street, and we are having a few different calibrators test drive the cars on the Alpha AP calibations to verify the car is performing as expected. It is also entertaining when a professional calibrator says "Car requires two firm hands on the wheel for WOT operation". I cannot release any figures or graphs just yet, but the car is responding well thus far. The 2010 has slightly different ECU operations that the previous MS3 vehicles, we need to make sure the car performs as expected before we look into any releases. Please know that how ATR is used to modify calibrations may be slightly different due to the differing ECU operations. All said and done, starting with a base calibration will make things much easier.

I believe we may be able to update the current AP-MAZ-002 AccessPORTs to support these vehicles. I will confirm this with our engineering team. I am saying this as a heads up for those that would like to purchase the device and simply wait for a firmware update so the device recognizes the 2010 MS3. This would allow for immediate gratification once the 2010 MS3 AccessPORT and AccessTUNER software has been approved for release...you won't have to wait for shipping.

We still need to integrate some of the fancier features that we have for the previous models(FFS/LC, MAP-based boost tuning, etc.), but things are progressing well.

I am happy to address any questions you may have, for now I am just staying focused on doing what I can to help the R&D process so we can release the 2010 MS3 AccessPORT with confidence.

Christian
"

I have been waiting patiently but I want 300+ hp.

Z

Latest quote from Cobb

Yes, the plans are to add the 2010 MS3 support to the AP-MAZ-002. The 2010 MS3 firmware release will likely occus the same day that we release the product. We have some significant testing to complete, but the remainder of the year is taken by the holidays...I would expect that we can have something for release in very early 2011, but no promises.

Thanks for your continues patience, I will be sure to update things as time allows. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Christian.

What else is new, they get the GENPU community pumped up then disappointment, I love the "no promises" comment as well as "update as time allows", this post took all 5 minutes.

Z

So I can buy a Gen1 AP and then update it with software? I would rather get it BNIB either way. One thing I learned in boost applications already is dont cut corners. As a wise man once said "Homie dont play dat."

S,

Make sure you go to the manf's forum and read the entire thread.

Doing BNIB soon, there will be a firmware modification to the unit. So in other words, do will have the unit in the box, do the firmware download on the day the revision is offered and could start tuning at that point. Talk with nataphen or amazon on the forum we can not mention here.

Z

Last edited:
There was a huge thread about it on another Mazdaspeed site. But they have enough entries and Alpha testers. Sorry dude. Just be patient and happy that you will get a solid final product.

Testing is going well, I am doing it without my DP for the alpha testing. Had an early issue with low AFR numbers, Cobb thought it was a boost leak, I took it apart a couple of times, did not fix it, then regapped the plugs and the issue was corrected. Car fells much smoother at WOT and high boost numbers, does not fell like the car is fighting me and trying to hold back.

I would agree with Z... the AP is going grand even in the 20 degree weather. Just recently added the FP internals which is pretty much suggested by Cobb if you are going with a DP or TP, upgrading the TMIC, running a FMIC and more. Basically if you are running more than a SRI & TIH... you would be wise to upgrade or replace the FP as the stocker drops pressure in higher RPMs and causes the ECU to try and releave it by dumping more fuel. NOT GOOD! on the pocket book or the ride.

Added DP this morning, uploaded the first Stage 2 (beta testing) map, do my miles then run some logs Friday morning. Car sounds freaking fantastic now and just wants to run, ZOOM ZOOM.

Also added the CPE SMM, this car is solid. Need to tighten up the front end but that is another issue.

Z

Cobb tuning

where did everyone get theres at ? Im trying to find the best deal on a new one. let me know thanks

MAPerformance is the best deal I found... free overnight shipping and the gave me a discount because of another forum so it was less than full price with free shipping!

Back