clutch!

All day job. Seriously, depending on complications your experience and tools I'd say 4-10 hours. And since you asking I'd say itl take you 8-12 maybe more. Unless your lucky. It usually takes 3 hours to do a clutch in a Honda, due to having to fight everything on it it took me 7 on mine.

Haven't done one on a protege but everything looks a lot tighter

Ahh alright. Yeah I've worked on and had a lot of Honda this is my first protege and I love it got it for a great price and it just needs a little work then I'm going to drive for a little while and I'd like to swap it with a klze or the 2.0 turbo I believe it what they come stock with and build it somewhat before dropping it in.

The only 2.0 turbo was the mazdaspeed protege. There are non turbo 2.0 but the mazdaspeed used the same 2.0 as the rest of the protgs.

The kl is good but a bit limited by parts. Swap in a 2.0 and turbo it. You will only need the harness, mounts, ecu, motor, and trans for the 2.0 there is no fab work, you might not even need the harness. The kl will go in pretty easily but wiring is a pain. But there is a lot of info on this swap

Ohh okay thanks a lot for the advice. Yeah I like the v6 cause its a big motor for the little car but 4 cyl turbo is more practical and sounds easy and it'll still make good power. But with the clutch again do you have to pull the motor or anything like that or is it just a time consuming job?

I have not yet pulled a trans or motor in a protege, but from my past expriance it is easier to pull it all at once just to do a clutch. I dont think we have fender room to just remove the tanny. Pulling tranny from bottom is not a good idea. be a good time to clean up engine bay and do some work. Or just drop in the 2.0 turbo.

Back