Clunk Updates

Mackdadm
"why does it seem like only the mp3 guys are getting this done??? only a couple of msp people in here asking and none seems to be getting the bushings..are they only allowing mp3s to get them since the car is experiencing the clunk more? i know if i go to my dealer they wont know anything. but i just want to make sure some msp owners got theirs changed and it WORKED. these temp fixes are just pissing me off...only putting out things thatll keep it quiet till that warranty runs out"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

That's because there are 47 different clunk threads in the msp section (lol), so you won't see many here (in what is technically the correct thread, but in the MP3 section. I guess it could be tough to find (Unless SEARCH is used...so there's not much hope:D).
Also, the MSP's haven't been around long enough to go through the multiple fixes yet..I thought it was "fixed" after the first time too :)

My dealership finally got the parts but its not in there system yet. The parts lady told me that they had to order them at this meeting that she went to. So I'm getting my 156E's on monday apparently...yay for me:cool: .....Soon i'll have to change my avatar saying:p

SomaMP3 said:
My dealership finally got the parts but its not in there system yet. The parts lady told me that they had to order them at this meeting that she went to. So I'm getting my 156E's on monday apparently...yay for me:cool: .....Soon i'll have to change my avatar saying:p

what meeting?lol my dealer still dont know anything about these bushings yet!:eek:

I haven't had time to get to Gyro yet, planning to tomorrow after work or Saturday morning.
My clunk is ridiculously loud. I was driving with the back seat folded and it was like gunshots.

SomaMP3 said:

Which Dealership do you deal with?

I'm a gauthier guy. I've been on there ass about this for about a year. Finally, the day has come:cool:

As for the "meeting", all i know is that it was near the airport, so i assume that it was with some kind of mazda parts pro. Maybe they're flying to all the cities and having these meetings. Its probably all B.S. but i don't care. I'm getting the bushings finally:eek:

Last edited:
girth said:
WTF - are there any non-canucks getting the new bushings? Anybody in the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Illinois area getting them? I need to find a dealer with these before I go deaf.

Well, I'm not in the Minn/Wisc/Mich/Ill area, but my service mgr is getting the 156E bushings in for me. And this is in Southern New England (CT/MA/RI area).

On a side note, two "bushing fix" visits ago, I was told that they were to wrap the sway bar in Teflon Tape and lube up the bushings, that didn't even get me to work that day before the clunk came back, soo a few weeks later I brought it back in and he said "oh, it was loose because the paint on the sway bar wore away, soo we added more tape"...that lasted one week. Now he's saying that they are getting in the 156E Teflon coated and sealed bushings, and when they come in they will go on my car...soo I mentioned that they paint on the sway bar was worn off, and he said that should be ok...soo then I said won't it be loose when you go to put the new bushing on the sway bar, like it was before...."oh yeah, I see what your saying, I'll look into that and get back to you".

I'm hoping for the best, fearing the worst, just like everyone else.

OrangeAppeal said:
Well, I'm not in the Minn/Wisc/Mich/Ill area, but my service mgr is getting the 156E bushings in for me. And this is in Southern New England (CT/MA/RI area).

On a side note, two "bushing fix" visits ago, I was told that they were to wrap the sway bar in Teflon Tape and lube up the bushings, that didn't even get me to work that day before the clunk came back, soo a few weeks later I brought it back in and he said "oh, it was loose because the paint on the sway bar wore away, soo we added more tape"...that lasted one week. Now he's saying that they are getting in the 156E Teflon coated and sealed bushings, and when they come in they will go on my car...soo I mentioned that they paint on the sway bar was worn off, and he said that should be ok...soo then I said won't it be loose when you go to put the new bushing on the sway bar, like it was before...."oh yeah, I see what your saying, I'll look into that and get back to you".

well... im glad your atleast making progress.. but... LOL... OMG that service manager sounds like a real quick one, huh? thats just hilarious... i dont know that he knows what hes talkin about... i mean... the fact that you had to point out that either A.) the paint story was complete bulls*** the week before OR B.) the guy is a complete idiot and didnt realize the paint was gonna be an issue on the new bushings...

anyway... :-D good luck man

YAY.... i finally made my dealer call the Mazda headquarters in front of me and they finally ordered the E bushings for me...

theyre going in on Tuesday!

OrangeAppeal said:

Can they order me a set too???
:D

sway bars are going to be an issue when putting on the new bushings. If the bar is too worn, then I fear they will only fail again.

My Adice. Point this out to the service manager when you get the new bushings. If they don't want to get you a new bar right away....fine. But make them realize that if they fail again....it's probably because of the bar, and you have to replace both. That's what I did on the MP3 ( btw, I don't have the mp3 no more ). and replacing both worked for the time I had it.

I'll be trying just the bushings on my speed as well. Then if they fail, we're going to try both.

The part # is BN7H-28-156E.

I finally went to Gyro Mazda on Saturday.
Spoke with the ame service manager I did when i went for the flash.
I told him the story, and he said either bushings or endlinks. I told him from the info here, i woiuld put $ on it being the bushings.
I have an appointment on Wednesday after work.
I asked if they could order the new parts, he checked the system, and it didn't show up.
He said they have the "D" bushings in stock.
I told him about the new parts and he said they won't order them in until they know for sure that it's the bushings.
Ok, so i'm going by on Wednesday, and he said it is the bushings, they can order the new parts for me then, and have them installed on Saturday.
He told me to keep the part # handy as it's a lot easier to search when you have the #.
Fine by me. I'll keep you all posted.

MS MSP said:
The part # is BN7H-28-156E.

I finally went to Gyro Mazda on Saturday.
Spoke with the ame service manager I did when i went for the flash.
I told him the story, and he said either bushings or endlinks. I told him from the info here, i woiuld put $ on it being the bushings.
I have an appointment on Wednesday after work.
I asked if they could order the new parts, he checked the system, and it didn't show up.
He said they have the "D" bushings in stock.
I told him about the new parts and he said they won't order them in until they know for sure that it's the bushings.
Ok, so i'm going by on Wednesday, and he said it is the bushings, they can order the new parts for me then, and have them installed on Saturday.
He told me to keep the part # handy as it's a lot easier to search when you have the #.
Fine by me. I'll keep you all posted.

F'n Bull crap. All the service managers were called in for a technical meeting and were given a power point presentation on this issue. further more they all have a hand out issued by MCI with the pictures (B/W) of the new bushing.
I guess the service mamager you spoke is an @$$ h.

maybe he was sick that day :)

this don't surprise me at all. Any time you see or hear that all service managers were sent an email, or sent technical bulletins ow whatever.....guess what....bulls***. Not all dealers get these, or not all dealers check for it. This has been going on since I got the first Mazda. Mazda SUCKS ASS for letting people know what's going on.

same s*** happened with the ECU flash. every dealer was "suppsed" to be informed.....bulls***. Mine never knew, and wouldn't have known if I hadn't walked in and told them

All the bushings are named the same BN7H xxxxxxx

156E is all you need. Any service manager should be able to find it. that last letter is all they need. Any dealer that has replaced previous bushings should be able to pull up a history of your mp3, msp whatever, and just change the last number on the last bushings replaced....not f'n rocket science.

My advice with anyone having dealer issues getting any of this stuff. Don't give them room for excuses or delays. Walk in, say I want the latest bushing....fix it, or I'll just call Mazda USA, Canada whatever, and get them to demand you to do it.

My patience is gone with dealership ignorance. Mazda NEEDS to address this issue more then anything else. communication between dealers, and Mazda Corp. is about as poor as I have ever seen from any company. Pathetic.

/rant.

I got a phone call today from my service manager. Apparently he was at the Mazda tech siminar found out about the new bushings and the next day had them on order for me. He called me to schedual time to get me in.

newf said:
maybe he was sick that day :)

this don't surprise me at all. Any time you see or hear that all service managers were sent an email, or sent technical bulletins ow whatever.....guess what....bulls***. Not all dealers get these, or not all dealers check for it. This has been going on since I got the first Mazda. Mazda SUCKS ASS for letting people know what's going on.

same s*** happened with the ECU flash. every dealer was "suppsed" to be informed.....bulls***. Mine never knew, and wouldn't have known if I hadn't walked in and told them

All the bushings are named the same BN7H xxxxxxx

156E is all you need. Any service manager should be able to find it. that last letter is all they need. Any dealer that has replaced previous bushings should be able to pull up a history of your mp3, msp whatever, and just change the last number on the last bushings replaced....not f'n rocket science.

My advice with anyone having dealer issues getting any of this stuff. Don't give them room for excuses or delays. Walk in, say I want the latest bushing....fix it, or I'll just call Mazda USA, Canada whatever, and get them to demand you to do it.

My patience is gone with dealership ignorance. Mazda NEEDS to address this issue more then anything else. communication between dealers, and Mazda Corp. is about as poor as I have ever seen from any company. Pathetic.

/rant.

Well said Newf! Heheh,

I guess the most powerful word is to threaten dealers are lawsuit. (trust me it works, at least for me it worked out well).

Oh btw seems like Ford is getting way better than Mazda. They are addressing issues pretty fast and even inviting customers for dinner , lunch what ever to satisfy them and fix the broken customer relationship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Fn Mazda, you wont even get a free coffee you have to pay for it ah.
:mad:

Its gotten so bad that I actually had a dream over night that I found a product on amazon.com that guaranteed to stop the rear swaybay noise on MP3/MSPs. From what I remember, it was a set of greasable bushings :).

Chris

Back