Clickity clicking over bumps

:
SOLD 2002 Protege5; Current 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring
Does anyone get a clicking in the front passenger side suspension when going over bumps? Does anyone know what the cause is?

Thanks,
ZoomFive

More detailed description of the sound and exactly what causes it.

Sorry. Not sure what you are saying. When I go over consecutive ruts or potholes with my passenger front wheel, I get a chickety chickety sound as the suspension there moves. Does not happen with any other corner of the car.

I get it too...

Does anyone get a clicking in the front passenger side suspension when going over bumps? Does anyone know what the cause is?

Thanks,
ZoomFive

I hear that sound too. mine is a 2008 CX9 GT.
I think most of times that noise comes from the front passenger seat either the back rest or head rest due to the vibrations from rough road/potholes. I have not figured out the exact cause though.

I hear that sound too. mine is a 2008 CX9 GT.
I think most of times that noise comes from the front passenger seat either the back rest or head rest due to the vibrations from rough road/potholes. I have not figured out the exact cause though.

I think I can answer that one for you. My passenger front seat belt buckle receiver (what the buckle plugs into with the red button) rattles. Maybe it is the same for you?

The clickety click I was describing definitely comes from the wheel area.

I know my passenger side seat belt will rattle if it is set in the lowest position on the B pillar. The metal buckle will hit the plastic side of the seat.

I have both.. I have the seatbelt rattle which I verify by leaning over and either moving the seat forward or having my daughter hold it from the backseat (in carseats). The front suspension rattle has been with my 07 GT from day 1. The dealership says that all they can find is either a loose heat shield or boot for the suspension. It does go away when they "fix" it but does come back. I too would like to know what it is for good!

a solid click noise over a bump most of the time is a bad sway bar link. if it is real bad you can grab it pull it up and down. hope that helps if you can give more info i can tell you for sure what it is .

Back