Cigar Connoisseur's Thread

Dead thread needs to be revived!

I brought two Padrons with me to China for the month that I'm here. Not my favorite, but good for a golf course.

i started smoking a few of the great lakes cigars..... unique. they are wrapped in ohio as well which is kinda cool. not sure where the tobacco is from

^a lot of the good American tobacco, especially wrapper leaf, comes from New England. Connecticut Broadleaf, or Connecticut Shade. My mother used to work picking tobacco as a child in Massachusetts. Checkout the cigars, Rosedale by Topper. They're hand-rolled in the Connecticut valley with Connecticut tobacco. They may be ugly and cheap, but they're American and good. Gotta get 'em online if you don't live in New England though. here's a review.

I always try to find great value cigars. Not the gas station variety, but the less expensive in the humidor. Lately I've been having Fuente; Curly Head Deluxe, on the drive home from a long work day. From what I understand, its machine rolled, but still falls under Arturo Fuente's strict quality control guidelines. A super consistent, mild smoke, in an average sized cigar, for only $3. worth checking out.

The way I see it, its like wine. You could be satisfied by a $35 bottle, but if you know what you like, you could get the same satisfaction from a $7 bottle.

p.s. excited to see this thread back alive

Last edited:
i started smoking a few of the great lakes cigars..... unique. they are wrapped in ohio as well which is kinda cool. not sure where the tobacco is from

Interesting. I'll have to look for some when I get back.

I totally agree with you jon. Good way to put it.

I'll have to give one of the Fuentes a shot

Indeed a good point. My go-to is the Olivia 5x50 Connecticut wrap. By no means the most sophisticated or complex, or expensive out there. I dig them pretty well tho. Enough to have about 3 boxes of them in the humidor right now

hahaha, yea. I'd say you dig them pretty well. I think as a regular cigar smoker, I enjoy reserving fancy $mokes for those special times. That way i still get that "sense of occasion" from the smoke, and not to mention save some coin.

Last edited:
Well... I have a problem with buying s*** and never using it... and it extends to cigars too. I still have a couple from the order I made when I bought the humidor. Don't even get me started on car parts I've bought and never touched. I need to install that rear sway bar on the Civic eventually...

I know I said I save better cigars for special occasions. I've been locked down at work since Tuesday.. so I celebrated my release today with a Gurkha Evil on the way home. (Damn Good)
Gurkha%20Evil.jpg

I gave you one of the Spec Ops right? I think that's all I have left, other than the one Legend I've been saving for a special occasion.

I only have one left, so you're not getting that one. LOL!

I'll let you know if I happen across any on sale.

Latest posts

Back