Cigar Connoisseur's Thread

ajkulish

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT & 2001 SC Protege
Whether you are an occasional smoker or hit the cigar bar every day after work, you are a cigar smoker.

A wise man once said I've never met someone with a lit cigar in-hand and two in-pocket that I would not call friend."

So being the fine people that we are, we can always help eachother out. This thread is for reccomending cigars that you have enjoyed lately, or any good cigar bars in your area.

Ill go first

I have been having luck lately with the Romeo and Julieta Reserva Real GRAN TORO cut cigar.

My favorite spots to smoke in NW Ohio is La Casa De La Habana and The Cigar Affair.

ill have to give that a shot. i actually tried a gas station cigar tonight. the backwoods hand rolled things. awesome. seriously. so much better than swishers or black and milds. very flavorrful

Doesn't seem that that one is resurrect-able. Ha. Man, I'd rather not smoke than smoke any gas station cigars. I'm not real crazy about smoking, but I do enjoy a quality stick now and then.

Perhaps a thread merge? Or maybe even just keeping this one going with the current members. I'm game with either.

Had a Gurhka Legend the other day. Man... such a good smoke.

When I get home, I'll have to make a list of what's in my humidor. There's about 40 cigars in there right now...

whatever you wanna do with this thread..... the other one is long dead though.

and yes id be interested in hearing about whats in your humidor, i really gotta buy one.

but i have been smoking the perdomo reserve 10th anniversary champagne and it never ceases to amaze me. phen, i reccomend giving it a shot.

images

mild but full flavored, smokey, and very tasteful. the unburnt smell is quite pungent as well.

i found a bag of the cheapest cigars ever and i was blown away by the quality for the price. they are called trader jacks. i payed $30.45 for a bag of 20, and i tell you what, some of the best cigars ive had. i was pleasantly surprised.

so i was at the mall today with a friend who works at things remembered. so he engraved this all and gave it to me for free. motherfuckin win.

IMAG0487.jpg

IMAG0489.jpg

IMAG0488.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

IMAG0491.jpg

secret flask ;)

Very cool man.

So, here's the contents of my humidor:

4x Brickhouse Corona Larga - Bought the box for the Mid-Ohio corral. Very enjoyable
4x Gurkha Legends - Got one helluva deal on a 5 pack with a lighter. Couldn't pass it up. Very smooth
3x Victor Sinclair Sun Grown
3x Victor Sinclair Legacy
3x Victor Sinclair Corojo
4x Victor Sinclair Legacy Maduro
18x Olivia Connecticut

The VS's came as a gift pack with my humidor. For the price, couldn't pass it up. Haven't had many of them, but I think the only one I didn't really care for was the VS Legacy. Had a very salty taste to it.

OOOOOh! I missed this thread.

Here are my favorites in my humidor:
Nub Cameroon 464T
Nub Cain 464T
Oliva Cain 550 Habano (Same blend as the 464, just a bigger cigar)
AVO #9
CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon Belicoso
CAO Criollo

I like a lot of similar cigars, but I've really been digging the cameroon blends lately.

start with the nub cameroon.

nubs are the perfect cigars for me. they take about 30-40 minutes, and they have full flavor through the entire cigar.

Cool, will do. May go hit the smoke shop near work later today to take a peek. I'm trying to talk myself out of going to the watering hole tonight... Grab a glass of scotch, sit out on the patio and enjoy it.

lol at an 18-19 year old being a connoisseur.

also... lol at the first poster (other than aj) being a spammer. lol.

basically...

(lol2)(lol2)(lol2)(lol2)

theres no age limit on this timely tradition. ive been smoking cigars for about a year and a half at 1 to 2 cigars a week on average.

i really think im gonna stop and pick up a gurhka legend.... but nubs on the other hand seem a bit foreign to me, ive never tried one but i dont think i could. if it takes the same amount of time to smoke as a full sized cigar, then wouldnt the tobacco have to be packed fairly tightly? i like a good draw on my cigars.

Copied from the "other, older" cigar thread in the off topic forum that i just found. glad to see an active one
wow, don't know how i missed this thread! thanks for bringing it back from the grave.
I've been an avid enthusiast for the past decade.
My loves include.. Camacho, Partagas, Rocky Patel, and of course Don Pepin Garcia

and i agree, none of this Age-ist crap. if you like cigars, than we've got something in common. when i was 18 i wish i had some friendly tips on what to try, rather than the old judging bastard at the smoke shop

Ha.. I mentioned Avo9's in the old thread too. Good to see that my tastes haven't changed much :p

There is so much of the cigar world I have to discover.

Man. 6 beers and 2 shots of diesel 153 last night led to me smoking 3 cigars haha.

Back