Chicago Baseball thread...because I don't care about other cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
cubs are playing like s*** right now. The whole team sucks. they can't beat a damn team with a winning record.

we all know the season series is going to be split, just like it always is....4-2 at best.

Unreal. I take the garbage out of the office come back in, the game is over. Too bad they can't beat anybody on the road. Wouldn't surprise me if we got swept on the southside.

Yeah, radios don't even work in our building. Good game from the looks of it on Gameday -- kinda figured the cubs would be strong at home. I just wish the Sox could figure out a way to score without home runs.

ya thats all the sox got are home runs.

Home runs and the best collective ERA in all of baseball. Sadly, they have no speed, and no "Ozzie-ball" squeeze hitting that made them a blast to watch in 2005. They've become a big-hit, good-pitch AL team. They will probably not fare so well at Wrigley, but at home -- like Santos said -- they may be able to sweep the Cubs. Or any team, for that matter. ******* weird team this year.

Cubs have been rocking their pitching though.
back to back homeruns in both games. that was nuts.

next week, at US Cellular, cubs will still win

Ignorant. The Sox are like the Cubs -- smokin at home, sub-par on the road. I doubt the Sox will sweep, but I'd pretty much bet they'll take 2 out of 3, if not just statistically speaking. The Cubs are good, but they're not unstoppable. Especially on the road.

What irritated me this weekend was that the pathetic Houston Astros went down to TB and they beat them 2 of 3 yet they were unhitable and swept the crap out of the cubs. Maybe just matchups or something but it has been crazy all year trying to figure out teams.

Then you have the red sox who have the second best home record and overall record in the league barely took 1 from the cards yet the cards were swept at home by.... the royals. wtf.

This year is definitely a weird year. I had heard somewhere that speculation was the lowered/halted use of greenies by players, effectively leaving them drained on trips from jetlag and what have you. Unless something shapes up, this is gonna end up being a really painful year for most fans, and ultimately leading to less people watching games -- including me.

the lack of greenies has also caused more players to take trips to the DL. they just cant pop pills and play through the pain anymore.

Ignorant. The Sox are like the Cubs -- smokin at home, sub-par on the road. I doubt the Sox will sweep, but I'd pretty much bet they'll take 2 out of 3, if not just statistically speaking. The Cubs are good, but they're not unstoppable. Especially on the road.

Ya but, I can almost bet there will be many more Cubs fans there this weekend than sox fans.

Ya but, I can almost bet there will be many more Cubs fans there this weekend than sox fans.

What does that have to do with anything dude.? There are typically more cubs fans on the road anyways. They pretty much play home games everywhere they play yet can't win a damn thing on the road. It's pathetic to watch them play on the road this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back