cheap fmic!!!

well i fabricated a fmic for myself this weekend using a fmic from a 1987 mitsubishi starion... i'll tell ya, its kinda cool having a fmic for 50 bucks!!! heres a pic

Attachments

• im000152.jpg
    im000152.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 714
RyanJayG said:
dude, that red car is ******* LOW!

it's airbagged, it doesn't drive around that low, the air bags fill back up with air and it raises back up. Well on a civic, it's probably air-canned.

oh and i utilized my spool hard pipe kit with it... the pipes for the starion intercooler fit... but i am going to have someone fabricate the two pipes eventually... the red car has airbags

Equinox said:
it's airbagged, it doesn't drive around that low, the air bags fill back up with air and it raises back up. Well on a civic, it's probably air-canned.

dude, duh.... I know how airbags work. hehe

I was mearly commenting on how it looks like its sitting on the ground.

I'd like to see the pipes... very intriguing. Any clue how well this intercooler flows? I've heard most stock ones aren't great...

dude that's cool. how's the performance of that ic? I was looking into that unit for my custom ic as well. All information would be appreciated.

starion intercoolers aren't known for their efficiency, but it's better than stock. i've heard it said that people use a starion ic when they're saving up for a real fmic. but it does look good there

well i dont have any clue as far as some stats on how this flows but i can tell you is it a lot better then the stock ic... i actually went from being beat by my buddy with his starion to actually pulling on him... i love this fmic though because it doesnt get the heat soak that the stock one does... and its an awesome replacement until i get my spool or ion fmic. heres a closer pic of it.

Attachments

• im000153.jpg
    im000153.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 287
Back