Center speaker in dash?

:
2014 CX-5 Touring AWD
I've got a Touring and was wondering what size and type speaker would fit in the center of the dash?

Has anyone had the speaker grill off?

If so how did you get it off?

Pics would be helpful.

Thanks.

No. I don't have the Bose system.

It looks nice though.

All I know is that, while I love my CX-5, I HATE the sound coming from the stock speakers.

I was following the other thread about installing the two small speakers in the dash and was wondering about that center one as well.

I'm 43 and never did anything like changing the stereo system in a car before ...but I think that this system may just force me to do so.

No wiring in the center? Well, I guess I'll just nix that and concentrate on the others than.

Thanks, guys

That's what i did - replaced front door speakers with new split system, and fitted the tweeters into the stock position... I found the head unit though pretty poor output and added an amp to drive the front splits and then added a subwoofer in the trunk... be careful, once you start adding stuff you can't stop!

That's what i did - replaced front door speakers with new split system, and fitted the tweeters into the stock position... I found the head unit though pretty poor output and added an amp to drive the front splits and then added a subwoofer in the trunk... be careful, once you start adding stuff you can't stop!

I may regret this question but ... how do you go about installing an amp and hooking up the speakers to it?

Any pics or vids you could point me to?

I can do anything as long as there are detailed instructions or steps I can follow.
I prefer pics or vids over plain instructions though. That way I can SEE what I'm supposed to do vs imagine it in my head and guess at it.

Thanks.

The center speaker can be put to use in a variety of ways. If you were to install an aftermarket processor such as the JBL MS-8, to get optimal performance from the processor, you'd need a center speaker. You could also make use of it with, for example, an AudioControl ESP-3 or the amplified version, the Model 11. These processors were made in the 90s, but can be found on eBay. While the installation and wiring isn't for everyone, installed, they make a huge difference in the car's sound (for the better). I just replaced a 2008 Mazda3 GT with a CX-5 GT and plan to use the MS-8, replacing the BOSE Centerpoint system. This is my first car with a center channel. I've had the opportunity to hear a number of cars with well-designed sound systems that make use of a center speaker and have been very impressed with the improvement it offers.

Latest posts

Back