Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entune is a turd (hereafter referred to as Enturd). Enturd uses a third party app for navigation that runs on your phone. The way I understand it is that it requires both bluetooth and a plug in connection to run a third party app off your phone which works as navigation. You can run other apps as well but not Waze, I believe. The app is free for the first 3-years, after which they charge you $25/year. You are also tied to Verizon on the wifi.

I've watched a lot of Camry videos and have heard every excuse in the world on why they don't have AA/Car Play and none of it makes sense. I think they just want to see if they can make a few extra bucks. In fact, Toyota used to charge you for the privilege of using Enturd to run any apps, not just navigation, in your car.

As neither Mazda, nor Toyota offer AA/CarPlay, I'd bet on it not happening.

Enturd!

No. A representative of Mazda at autoshow who was doing the interview said that.
Not a random salesman near you.

They've been saying this for years. When Mitsubishi and a Swedish trucking company can offer CarPlay/AA and Mazda can't, that tells you where their priorities are with this. Now that they're partnering with Toyota it's even more unlikely Mazda will deploy this.

Mazda brings the diesel into USA for sake of CAFE standard. They don't have hybrids, nor EVs.

I agree with this. With that being said, does any potential customer think it's in their best interest to buy a diesel CX-5 when the ONLY reason Mazda is releasing it here in the states is to meet CAFE standards and not because there is an actual demand for it? Good luck getting dealer support if you buy one of these. Diesel's will quickly be dropped(at least in the states) once Mazda releases the next generation of more fuel efficient petrol engines.

If these sales guy were honest and said they don't know if or when it is coming, no one would be buying their cars.

You just can't let this CarPlay/AA thing go, can you?
"No-one is going to be buying a Mazda because they don't know if or when it's coming?" Seriously? What a joke.
If having this feature is the only criteria for buying or not buying a certain vehicle, then your priorities are seriously misguided.
Many people like me don't give a rats ass whether a vehicle has Carplay or not.
What we actually care about is how the vehicle drives, how it handles, how comfortable it is. You know....the important stuff.
Personally, I don't buy cars based on it's infotainment system, and neither do most other consumers.
It's only at the top of the priority list in your mind.
You want to drive a piece of crap because it has CarPlay?....be my guest.

From what I've read the entertainment system in Honda's aren't something to brag about. I drove an Accord, no knobs and gave up trying to adjust it. It's got a volume swipe on the steering wheel. The CRV was better but seemed slow. It's also the area that seems to give Honda the biggest problems.

AA/CarPlay, however, isn't a deal breaker but it's something to put on the list. Some brands, like Chevrolet, I hear Ford too (but I'd never buy one again), have really easy to use systems, others go down the hole. Mazda seems to be somewhere in the middle but it's definitely not a strong point for the car. Still, I'd take what's in a Mazda over what's in a Camry, Accord or CR-V right now. That might change with the 2018 Accord, which has two knobs and a much different physical interface, but no one's driven one so who knows.

From what I've read the entertainment system in Honda's aren't something to brag about. I drove an Accord, no knobs and gave up trying to adjust it. It's got a volume swipe on the steering wheel. The CRV was better but seemed slow. It's also the area that seems to give Honda the biggest problems.

AA/CarPlay, however, isn't a deal breaker but it's something to put on the list. Some brands, like Chevrolet, I hear Ford too (but I'd never buy one again), have really easy to use systems, others go down the hole. Mazda seems to be somewhere in the middle but it's definitely not a strong point for the car. Still, I'd take what's in a Mazda over what's in a Camry, Accord or CR-V right now. That might change with the 2018 Accord, which has two knobs and a much different physical interface, but no one's driven one so who knows.

This. Our Odyssey does not have carplay or anything and the infotainment system is the biggest jungled mess every created. So complicated that it is actually dangerous. The Honda Civic Hatch we almost bought had the carplay system and the whole thing is good but not the revolution that people think. The Mazda system is very good. The only thing about carplay which is better is the Nav.

My only point with that link is that if Mazda is teaming with Toyota to make their own system, I seriously doubt they will incorporate Carplay. Does not mean much to me, as I am buying a car and not an app.

No. A representative of Mazda at autoshow who was doing the interview said that.
Not a random salesman near you.

Mazda brings the diesel into USA for sake of CAFE standard. They don't have hybrids, nor EVs.

No one is going to buy a diesel Mazda in the US, big mistake on their part IMHO.

I have no problem at all with Mazda's navigation. It's got me where I wanted to go every time I've used it, with out fail.

The Mazda Infotainment system is incredibly dated and sluggish. I've even heard it's even slower in the 2017 CX-5 then the 2016 and earlier. How is that possible? Not to mention a Nav without live traffic is pretty much useless these dats. The system Honda uses in the CRV/Civic is not the best but still much better than anything in a Mazda vehicle. The system in the new Odyssey and new Accord is supposed to be better.

You just can't let this CarPlay/AA thing go, can you?
"No-one is going to be buying a Mazda because they don't know if or when it's coming?" Seriously? What a joke.
If having this feature is the only criteria for buying or not buying a certain vehicle, then your priorities are seriously misguided.
Many people like me don't give a rats ass whether a vehicle has Carplay or not.
What we actually care about is how the vehicle drives, how it handles, how comfortable it is. You know....the important stuff.
Personally, I don't buy cars based on it's infotainment system, and neither do most other consumers.
It's only at the top of the priority list in your mind.

Good for you that you care about how a car drives and such, but the reality is CarPlay/AA is a very important feature, and yes they are losing potential sales because of it. How many CarPlay/AA threads are in the CX-5, not even counting the CX-9/Mazda3/Mazda6 for THIS SITE alone? Not even counting other Mazda sites on the internet, not even counting people that aren't even on car forums asking their Mazda dealers about it. It matters, ALOT. Just sayin. If it didn't, you wouldn't be posting in this very thread which is now, 45 PAGES LONG.

If you want to say it doesn't matter TO YOU, that's fine but let's not pretend like people aren't clamoring for this feature because clearly they are. And if you don't give a rats ass about CarPlay, why are you in this thread? You saw the thread title and still clicked on it, clearly you have interest in it. Maybe it's just me but I ussually don't enter threads that deal with topics I'm not interested in. It's hilarious seeing all these people claim they don't care about but they sure do spend alot of time in this thread.

Last edited:
But there's so many threads you guys! You're all wrong. And Mazdas never going to have it. They're stringing you along, man!

7f8532fcd390a2d1aa659ac30c7efcba.jpg

Toyota/Mazda collaborating on thier Infotainment platform.....May see it first in Camry 2018 and the next Mazda3

It discusses having it's own GSM/Data link...but still no reference to AA/Carplay.... :rolleyes:

But there's so many threads you guys! You're all wrong. And Mazdas never going to have it. They're stringing you along, man!

7f8532fcd390a2d1aa659ac30c7efcba.jpg

Gotta play that broken record at least once a week or so! (stfu)

(P.S. love these emoticons)

Toyota/Mazda collaborating on thier Infotainment platform.....May see it first in Camry 2018 and the next Mazda3

It discusses having it's own GSM/Data link...but still no reference to AA/Carplay.... :rolleyes:

Mazda is going down this route (like Toyota and Ford) https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...E47F0DD85F877E7D1AE9E47F0DD85F87&&FORM=VDRVRV Essentially open sourced to support Andriod and Apple devices. It is set to be the Industry Standard for mobile device to automotive connectivity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back