Carbon Fiber SRI/CAI anyone?

I go to school in Daytona Beach, Fl. So if you need a warm weather tester I'm up for paying cost for the CAI. Hope everything turns out great for you, either way I'm going to buy it

Sorry, I've already got all of the testers I need.

Rainman: Nope, I don't use a vacuum source at all. Everything comes out pretty nicely without one.

Slug420: Some of the filters that I was looking at to include with the kit have heat sheilds, but they kind of like toys (Fisher Price's my first air filter). I've seen a filter before with a built in carbon fiber heat shield, if I can find it again, that can be an option in the kit. The only problem with making my own is that since it is such a large diameter, I won't be able to make it using a sleeve, so there would have to be a seam somewhere on it.

I wasnt thinking of a case aronud the filter. Just like 2 or 3 small walls, one to the center of the engine compartment with a hole in it that the pipe fits through, another towards the passenger compartment and maybe a bottom that bolts the heat shield in ot where the reservoir was...Then the fender, headlight, and hood act as the other 3 sides....

still gives it room to breath but blocks out some of the engine compartment heat and looks cool in the process.

I think I know the sheath like you are talking about but i dont know why someone would want to use oneo f those after buying a filter to suck in more air

The one thing that is a little different is that my SRI positions the air filter right next to the hole where cold air comes in. It's pretty far from the engine heat and is sort of in its own little spot in the corner if you look at the pics.

Just a thought.

any news?
i'm interested in the hard pipes, along with the intake.

Just want to know if its done, you should have got all the parts already. Please let us know when will you have those CAI ready.

Sorry for the wait, guys- spring break took a little longer to "come back" from than I expected. But, I just completed one of the two test CAI's, and the second one will probably be done by tomorrow (Sunday).

Barring any other unforseen circumstances, the GB will probably start in a week.

I had alot of trouble with my suppliers, which is why this process took longer than it is supposed to. But, I think I have cleared them up, and will make sure that these delays don't pop up again.

Riles said:
Sorry for the wait, guys- spring break took a little longer to "come back" from than I expected. But, I just completed one of the two test CAI's, and the second one will probably be done by tomorrow (Sunday).

Barring any other unforseen circumstances, the GB will probably start in a week.

I had alot of trouble with my suppliers, which is why this process took longer than it is supposed to. But, I think I have cleared them up, and will make sure that these delays don't pop up again.

I'll be dead in a week if I don't have this now.

Instead of teasing you guys with more stories, here are pics of the first blue/black CAI I've ever made. The kevlar frays out wherever a cut is made, but all of those places will be covered with couplers or the sensor.

From now on, the colored parts will have a black carbon fiber base. Kevlar takes too long to work with- nothing wants to cut it!

Attachments

• DSC00591.jpg
    DSC00591.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC00592.jpg
    DSC00592.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 292
The testers just recieved their intakes. Hopefully all will go well this week. Barring any need for re-engineering, the time is drawing very very close to GB!!

sXe: the GB price for the CAI will probably be in the 175 area, normal price 200, add 20 for colored carbon/kevlar.

Back