Car Speakers? Kenwood/Infinity

Kyrosfactor

Contributor
:
MazdaSpeed3
Hi all,
I am wanting to purchase some new front and rear speakers. I found some Kenwoods that have good reviews, but I also know that Infinity has a good reputation. The Ken's are 80 and the Infinity's are 110. Just wondering what your experiences are with speakers. And I have my factory stereo installed (not looking to go aftermarket yet). Please suggest any other brands you have personal experience with as well.
Thanks!

Best speakers I've owned for my car yet are the Massive Audio CK6's. http://www.massiveaudio.com/store/product.php?productid=16175&cat=254&page=1

Sets I have owned since I got the Speed:

Alpine SPX17 Pro (I still use the tweeters to this day... LOVE those highs)
PPI 356cs
MB quart QM160
Blaupunkt Velocity VC650
Polk MM571
JBL P8662 (basically identical to Infinity Kappa 682.9cf)

The Massives blow ALL of them away in sound quality and midbass. A lot of speakers claim a lot of bulls***, but these things will literally take over 150 watts apiece crossed down to 75 Hz. No farting, no straining, no breakup in midrange. I got them new for $175 from a guy running a deal at DIY Mobile Audio. Not sure if he's still selling them that cheap though (they normal go for $259). They are the real deal.

INFINITY i have 2way in the front and 3way in the rear...every car since my first i have had infinitys installed in them either i transfered them from one to the other or i just bought new ones for the new car...i just bought a set for my wifes car, and my work vehicle..lol...the crappy oem speakers didnt cut it...I love the clean crisp sound IMO their top notch try cruthcfield or amazon you can find a good deal on some...

I like the Alpines..I have the SPR-17S...sound real good hooked to a JL Audio 300/4. If money is a problem...The Alpines are really the way to go...If component systems are your preference, that is!

Latest posts

Back