Car locked automatically while engine running (idling) and key fob outside: Huh?

Caliche

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 GT; 2014 Mazda6 GT; 2014 Mazda6 T
So today I started the car (2014 Mazda6 GT) to warm it up then I exited (and closed door) to clear snow off while key fob in my pocket (no one inside car) and it locked the doors on its own. I couldn't unlock it with the fob and had to take out the actual key. I thought this was not possible in any Mazdas? This is my eighth Mazda and I never had this happened, as a matter of fact, whenever I tried locking the car while the engine running they all would not lock (tried it in the past on two CX-7s, one CX-9, one CX-5, one Tribute, another 2014 Mazda6 Touring w/MT, and a 2007 Mazda6 iGT). What gives?

Might be a glitch in the software, I think you can go through the settings menu and deactivate some of the features to not have that happen again. Mine didnt do this to me, I started mine to let the windows defrost while I scraped and they did not lock automatically.

Thank you, Moose. Weird things happen with these 2014 6s. On my other 6 (w/MT), the GPS keeps losing signal and the map kinda floats around, very annoying. I got an online survey the other day (a "six-month of ownership follow-up" survey to the initial one) so I reported all those issues. Waddaheck...

So today I started the car (2014 Mazda6 GT) to warm it up then I exited (and closed door) to clear snow off while key fob in my pocket (no one inside car) and it locked the doors on its own. I couldn't unlock it with the fob and had to take out the actual key. I thought this was not possible in any Mazdas? This is my eighth Mazda and I never had this happened, as a matter of fact, whenever I tried locking the car while the engine running they all would not lock (tried it in the past on two CX-7s, one CX-9, one CX-5, one Tribute, another 2014 Mazda6 Touring w/MT, and a 2007 Mazda6 iGT). What gives?

This has happened to me exactly when I cleared the snow. Had to use the key to open the door! It's not a glitch!

Well if someone can replicate this let me know haha. I hate the fact you can't lock the doors with the engine running and the key outside the car.

i start my car and walk away to get my bag, coffee, etc and let it warm up. fob in my pocket. have yet to have this happen. perhaps there's a setting on the infotainment for the car about automatically locking the car doors (ie- same setting for locking on/off or at 15mph, etc).

you can lock the car with the actual key when its running if you are concerned with it running with you not around. I did that plenty of times this winter

Back