Car has issues, help me bring my MSP back to life!

cl0zed

:
2003 Mazda Protege Speed
Where to begin...

So I bought the car used with timing belt snapped off. I fixed this replaced idle/tensioner waterpump. Car starts up, idles poorly and I hear a grinding noise coming from the Turbo. Look into it the turbo find out it's completely shot. I find a factory used replacement install it replaced all the gaskets that needed to be replaced.

So idle is still hit and miss, took it for a test drive my boost gauge is reading 5 vac at idle. I try and boost it goes up to about 6psi and then it feels like someone is pressing the brake and it sputters badly. After the car warms up I can't even hit any boost it just starts sputtering when hitting the gas pedal too hard. I then hook up odb scanner and get the following codes:

First code is P0172 - System too rich ( Bank 1 )
Second code is P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire detected

I go and replace both coils / plug wires and plugs ( 2 sets of plugs tried ngk's gapped properly ) Both sets are charcoal black not oily. Go for a test drive the same thing...

I go looking for vacuum leaks found a few fixed them up. Test drive still the same vacum is still at 5 @ idle boosts to 6 psi then it stutters.

I did another check and noticed my hot IC pip has a large leak where the hose plugs into it. Would this be the cause of all my problems? I will be ordering a new pipe any recommendations on where to get a good price on one?

I was also told to swap out injector #1 with #2 to see if odb scanner will change it's code.

So do you guys think it's running rich and the idle is off / car stutters hard trying to boost due to a leak in the hot pipe elbow or is my injector busted?
What would you guys recommend I do next or is there something else that could be causing this?

Help me bring this car back to life! THX

I checked my MAF it's plugged in correctly when I disconnect it while the car is idling it starts to idle really bad and dies out shortly so I am assuming my MAF is ok?

Buy hard pipes... not the crap plastic junk from Fischer-Price. Then if you have the factory tune, get your ecu reflashed, as that could be the cause of the shuddering.

Check the wastegate actuator for a vac leak as well. If you don't know how; take the vac line that runs from the wastegate to the intake mani. Disconnect it from the T-connecton, so now all you have in your hand is a vac line running to your wastegate. Blow or suck into it to make sure it holds pressure. Took me awhile to trace my vac leak back to that.

Back