car bogging down. relocate maf w/ smic setup?

Wackys13

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Has Injen cold air, ets sidemount, hard pipes with greddy rz bov. Bogging down at wot. Bov is vta I'm still waiting on the recirculation fitting to get here. Bpv is still in place. Im thinking either recirculating the bov might fix it, or should i abandon the dual setup and relocate the maf to the cold pipe? Can't find much information on a relocated maf with a side mount setup. Anyone out there running a similar setup or can help?

OK. Most everyomes setup I've seen has it I between the bov and throttle body. Will it make any difference if I put before the bov on the cold pipe? Also if I pull the air filter out from the fender and into engine bay would I need to relocate the second sensor next to the maf somewhere else?

Is it a good idea to relocate the MAF without a BOV? or is that just when u have a BOV? Also, like Wackys said, where should it go with a SMIC setup? Looking to go FMIC sometime, but gonna be a bit. Got a baby on the way.

The MAF must be between the BOV and TB that is the whole point of relocating it. It has to read exactly how much air goes into the TB. If you have a recirculated BOV or BPV setup then the MAF can go in the stock location but with a VTA setup you must have the MAF on the coldpipe. The IAT sensor doesn't need to be in the pipe at all but it can't go in the coldpipe because it will blow right out under boost.

Back