Cannot lock doors anymore (CX-9)

2011 CX-9 Touring (only) here with 2 x Flip Keys.

Today right after I parked and opened the driver's door to exit the car, a beep and red blinking light came up for no reason on the dash (attached pic).

What I did so far:

- Checked and double checked that all doors (including trunk) and windows were properly closed.
- Confirmed that all door locks actual work.
- Installed fresh battery on the main flip-key. (just in case).
- Tested with the spare flip-key but no luck (also with fresh battery installed)
- Unplugged car battery for a few minutes and plugged back (no luck)

Does anyone ever had this issue and know how to fix it or what to look for?

PS: I can lock the car manually using the key in the driver's lock but I guess this does not arm the alarm system.

Thanks in advance!

H.

Attachments

• warning.jpg
    warning.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 128
In most car that red blinking light is always on and blinking when the ignition is turned off. It most likely have nothing to do with your problem. In my cx-9 2018 it is the light for the security chip in the key, that prevents people from starting the car with a copied key. If the light goes away when the ignition is turned on, then i don’t think it is related to your keyfob problem.

You can check what your user manual days about that symbol to confirm.

2011 CX-9 Touring (only) here with 2 x Flip Keys.

Today right after I parked and opened the driver's door to exit the car, a beep and red blinking light came up for no reason on the dash (attached pic).

What I did so far:

- Checked and double checked that all doors (including trunk) and windows were properly closed.
- Confirmed that all door locks actual work.
- Installed fresh battery on the main flip-key. (just in case).
- Tested with the spare flip-key but no luck (also with fresh battery installed)
- Unplugged car battery for a few minutes and plugged back (no luck)

Does anyone ever had this issue and know how to fix it or what to look for?

PS: I can lock the car manually using the key in the driver's lock but I guess this does not arm the alarm system.

Thanks in advance!

H.
Hi, have you resolved the issue?

Back