Can we start a thread on what were paying for 2016 CX5"s?

2016 CX-5 Touring Meteor Gray

Hello all, new here, possibly... I've been creeping these forums for 6 months now. The wife and I test drove 5 vehicles this past Sunday and we liked the CX-5 the best. Some e-mails back and forth with the dealer and the internet price I received was $23,650 for the Touring FWD. I feel like this was a good price considering there weren't any real talks yet. Obviously if I can save I will, but do you think I have much room to play?

Thanks

edit: I just noticed that my username doesn't fit completely :\

Attachments

• cx-5.jpg
    cx-5.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,359
Bought a 2016 GT Meteor Gray AWD with Tech package, rear bumper trim, all weather mats and wheel locks for $29,140 before trade, tax and fees. Trade value is deducted from price for sales tax calculation here. MSRP was $32,110.
Dealer knocked $1,970 off and I also got $500 in Mazda Loyalty rebate (we own another Mazda) and $500 in Chase Mazda financing rebate (must finance at least $10K. I will pay off the loan asap).

Last edited:
New CX-5 owner here, making a 2nd post, just purchased a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech and I-ACTIV for 31K including rear cargo cover.

OTD Price was 31.3 with all document fees.

Love it.

If that is with tax included, that is a GREAT price! Congrats!

2016 CX-5 GT AWD Pearl White with roof rack $27,575 in Fremont CA. No Tech/Sensitive Packages.

I just bought 2016 GT Meteor Gray + Tech Package, MSRP was $30,605, I paid $28,930

I didn't really negotiate much (~$100), got the quote from Truecar which seemed like the best price around ($28,435), when I got there I realized that there was a documentation fee on top of that quote which was $599, granted they had the documentation fee on that initial quote but the number without it was highlighted which was misleading. In summary watch out for the documentation fee. I think the reason I didn't push too much was because of my weakness on my trade in (visible wear and tear) and I put all my focus on not to get ripped off on that. Overall I think I got a good trade-in value and decent purchase.

Looks like some are paying $2k - $3k BELOW MSRP.

Dealers are a PIA, the games they play gets on my nerves. The one dealer offered MSRP and then claimed that they would not charge for the $1,800 in dealer add-ons (tint, wax, etc). I asked what the invoice price was and they haven't responded.

I would never pay MSRP for a vehicle.

Last edited:
Hello all, new here, possibly... I've been creeping these forums for 6 months now. The wife and I test drove 5 vehicles this past Sunday and we liked the CX-5 the best. Some e-mails back and forth with the dealer and the internet price I received was $23,650 for the Touring FWD. I feel like this was a good price considering there weren't any real talks yet. Obviously if I can save I will, but do you think I have much room to play?

Thanks

What 5 other vehicles did you test drive?

If that is with tax included, that is a GREAT price! Congrats!

There's not enough information to logically draw that conclusion. We have no info on the value of the vehicle traded in. Dealers are willing to sell a new car at a loss if they know they can make thousands on the trade in.

Just picked up a Black FWD GT. Only option was the roof rack. Price before any taxes or fees was $26,800. Did trade in an 2003 Subaru WRX with 161k miles and used Mazda financing as part of the deal. Trade value was subtracted from that price.

On March 21, purchased New 2016 CX-5 GT AWD with both Tech and i-ACTIV packages in Soul Red(+$300)...added dealer-installed rear bumper guard + door sill trim plates + Python 2-way remote starter. Plus all fees, plates, taxes (IL). No trade-ins or loyalty bonus or anything. Total out-the-door price: $35,101.00 (3/21/15, approx $900 of that is the 3 accessories installed by dealer). I actually had a problem with my vehicle's SCBS sensor that they couldn't fix after 6+ months so I'm getting a replacement, though they are saying the price hasn't changed...I'll have to read this forum to see if that's true.

Posted this in the sticky, but since this is dedicated to 2016s:

2016 CX-5 GT w/tech, I-activsense, MSRP was $32,105 -- discounted price was $29,555.74 -- OTD $32,334.35 (Meteor Gray)

Mazda Extended Protection: 9 year/75K miles - $1220 (dealer cost, found out later, $1020)

No forced dealer add-ons -- as a comparison, a certain Nissan dealer put $3,000 of dealer add-ons to every car on the lot -- (when I was considering the Nissan Rogue SL)

(San Diego, John Hine was where I bought my CX-5)

I posted this in the sticky as well, but since I did get a 2016...

I picked up my 2016 Mazda CX-5 (AWD Grand Touring, Titanium Flash Mica/Parchment Leather) with Tech Package, iActivesense and Roof Rails about a week ago. The final bid I went with was $1332 below invoice before incentives. Invoice was $32405 on the vehicle, and MSRP was $33630.

When negotiating financing, there was another $500 incentive for financing through Mazda, so my actual vehicle sale price was $30573 at 2.1% over 60 months.

I did get a lower bid from a different dealership for a vehicle that didn't come in my preferred color combination, and without roof rails - that offer was $1580 under invoice before incentives.

I also negotiated $0 doc fees as part of the process, so I only paid Tax (9.9% in Seattle) and Licensing for a total OTD price of $33812.
Dealer's Location: Seattle, WA
Purchase Date: 10/31/2015
Other Bids: 1332 under, 1580 under (different configuration than requested), 1000 under, 500 under, 200 under, at invoice.

After 4 hours of haggling, I bought a 2016 GT last night with the Technology Pkg, wheel locks, roof rack, all weather mats thrown in for 27,300 before TT&L and first oil change thrown in free Black exterior with parchment interior. Able to negotiate Mazda financing at 2.14 % 48 months and also knock almost $250 off gap insurance. Felt like i got a good deal but i had to deal with 7 different people at the dealership and was about to walk out numerous times in negotiation process. If you want best price always be prepared to never buy on your first visit.

Last edited:
2016 CX5 GT with Tech package, Crystal White Paint for $27,850
CA sales tax, title, license brought it up to 30,750 OTD
Able to finance though my credit union at under 2%.

After 4 hours of haggling, I bought a 2016 GT last night with the Technology Pkg, wheel locks, roof rack, all weather mats thrown in for 27,300 before TT&L and first oil change thrown in free Black exterior with parchment interior. Able to negotiate Mazda financing at 2.14 % 48 months and also knock almost $250 off gap insurance. Felt like i got a good deal but i had to deal with 7 different people at the dealership and was about to walk out numerous times in negotiation process. If you want best price always be prepared to never buy on your first visit.
So price for 2016 CX-5 is getting better and better and I wonder why the sales number is still flat comparing to last year and other competitions. In Dallas area I paid $30,000 before TTL back in February 2015 for a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech Package at Town North Mazda. Now you paid only $27,300 for the same car we got (may be minus AWD) with all other goodies thrown in? At which dealer did you get your CX-5?

$25,862 for a 2016 CX-5 Touring 2WD [MSRP: $25,215 + optional equipment (soul red paint: $300; mirror, compass, Homelink: $295; roof rack, side rails: $275; wheel locks: $55; delivery, processing handling: $880) = $27,070 total MSRP]
$2,459 for CA tax, title, registration [note: the sales tax portion was $2,075]
$28,321 total out-the-door

Note: $25,862 was the USAA/TrueCar estimated price quoted for a Red, FWD Touring model, which included the $880 delivery + $80 doc (non-government) fees. If you don't know, USAA is an insurance company [it offers other financial services] with a vehicle buying service--that service is run by TrueCar.

I went to check out a fully loaded 2016 CX5 GT AWD (JM3KE4DY3G0705877) yesterday at Mazda of Lodi in NJ. I bought two cars from them before in decent deals.

Mazda currently has the $500 loyalty cash and 0% for 36mo. I figured it's the end of the year and I might be able to get a decent price along with my trade in (Fully loaded '13 Cx5 GT AWD).

MSRP on the '16 was $34,085 (it came with the all weather mats, cargo cover, roof rack rails, wheel locks, and bumper guard).

Dealer would not budge from the price. Add insult to injury, he offered me $13,500 for my trade in which is at 59k miles.

Good thing I'm in no rush.

Send an email listing exactly what you want to every Mazda dealer in a reasonable traveling distance. You can call each dealer and get the email address for their "Internet Sales Person." State you will be purchasing in XXX days and you realize they will need to see your trade, but that their "out the door price" on the new purchase will determine if you will go to the next step with them.

Then you only have to negotiate the trade and if you want can go back to the first dealer if you want to purchase there.

Works for me every time.

Back