Can This Be Done?

I'm curious. Say I didn't like the red theme going on with the lights at night especially around the AC controls and radio (the guages are fine as is). Can they be converted to another color such as blue which are much more appealing to the eyes than anything else. I mean how much red can you take? That's why most cars I've been in have always opted for a soft green as opposed to a bright red.

Is it paint? Is it a sticker? I know it's not the bulb itself. What kind of work would that entail if possible in the first place.

This is something I would really like to do to a Mazda 3 especially if I decide on a Winning Blue 3.

I think it can be done, but I wanted to hear the experts have a crack at it.

Your opinions on the red are noted, but not what I want to hear about. I just would like to know if it can be done and how it can be done.

WookieOnRitalin said:
I'm curious. Say I didn't like the red theme going on with the lights at night especially around the AC controls and radio (the guages are fine as is). Can they be converted to another color such as blue which are much more appealing to the eyes than anything else. I mean how much red can you take? That's why most cars I've been in have always opted for a soft green as opposed to a bright red.

Is it paint? Is it a sticker? I know it's not the bulb itself. What kind of work would that entail if possible in the first place.

This is something I would really like to do to a Mazda 3 especially if I decide on a Winning Blue 3.

I think it can be done, but I wanted to hear the experts have a crack at it.

Your opinions on the red are noted, but not what I want to hear about. I just would like to know if it can be done and how it can be done.

I may be possible on the climate control, but the radio lighting is all surface mount leds, so there's no way to change them.

thanks for the info ss, i have an aftermarket radio so i don't need to worry about the leds. but i would like to go to a blue on my controls

ssinstaller said:
I may be possible on the climate control, but the radio lighting is all surface mount leds, so there's no way to change them.

So if I replaced the stock head unit and changed the climate controls then I would have no more red besides the guages?

Back