Caliber SRT pics+blurb

This car's looks are confusing.

LOL dichiee - I was thinking the same thing - I would feel pretty stoopid after the 50th person asked me what kind of Jeep I'm driving. It looks the illegitimate offspring of a Dodge Nitro and a MS3. With all that extra body fat and unnecessary styling, I would bet that it falls short when compared to the MS3 in the handling department....does anyone know if Dodge made this to compete with a specific make/model?

Caliber looks like it might be an autoX contender......
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aA_PF4Wn2aE&mode=related&search=

This car's looks are confusing.

LOL dichiee - I was thinking the same thing - I would feel pretty stoopid after the 50th person asked me what kind of Jeep I'm driving. It looks the illegitimate offspring of a Dodge Nitro and a MS3. With all that extra body fat and unnecessary styling, I would bet that it falls short when compared to the MS3 in the handling department....does anyone know if Dodge made this to compete with a specific make/model?

Caliber looks like it might be an autoX contender......
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aA_PF4Wn2aE&mode=related&search=

thats a regular caliber...check the vids i posted

The Dodge is going to be yet another half-assed attempt at building a competitive product. There is no American car (Cobalt included) that can match the well-rounded design of most japanese/euro cars. Even the "mediocre" Nissans Sentra S-ER is a better package than American cars in the same class. The Caliber may be fast in a strightaway but I highly doubt it has the finess of a MS3 in the turns.

American car company's always fall short of greateness becasue they cut corners. At least that's my opinion. If Dodge really wanted to compete they would have redesigned that ugly interior and upgraded the materials. It looks like they just used the same bad interior they use in the base Calibers.

It's sad really.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. The Calibre SRT may not be a good example but the rest of the SRT line is ****** stellar.

Unless of course your argument is only considering 4-cylinder products on the market.

it looks klike tey tried stealing ideas from all the import cars and turned it all into one big mess.

well he wants a fast car, its gona be fast..... i told him to get ms3, he doesnt want to, i told him to get a evo, he doenst want to, i told him to get a sti , he doesnt want to. maybe the caliber is more of his taste? lol

well he wants a fast car, its gona be fast..... i told him to get ms3, he doesnt want to, i told him to get a evo, he doenst want to, i told him to get a sti , he doesnt want to. maybe the caliber is more of his taste? lol

Tell him to find an 03-04 SVT Cobra.

Here are some pics of a regular caliber sittin on duece dueces, looks a little better. Too heavy for performance of course but looks better.

Attachments

• 2687350_2_full.jpg
    2687350_2_full.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 2820292_8_full.jpg
    2820292_8_full.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 2820292_15_full.jpg
    2820292_15_full.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 113
The first pic of the SRT makes it look like a transformer which is not a good thing for a hot hatch, truck maybe.

Here are some pics of a regular caliber sittin on duece dueces, looks a little better. Too heavy for performance of course but looks better.

Oh god why? WHHYYYY?????

Attachments

• OPTIMUS PRIME.jpg
    OPTIMUS PRIME.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 93
The outside looks better in these pictures than what was posted in another Caliber SRT thread a couple months ago. The car doesn't look too bad in person. The interior looks really bad. The head unit doesn't look integrated with the rest of the interior and looks small with that plastic surround.

WTF they stole our red stitching. Those bastards.

i think the car looks like garbage, but I will say this, i think its awesome that the automakers are finally giving true performance cars to those who cant or wont pay 30k for a car. regardless of my personal feelings towards the car i give thumbs up to the manufacturers.

indeed kudos...but still a pos

that is disgusting. not like damn that s*** is sick and disgusting. more like that is disgusting like meat and apple sauce

looks good on rims but the back still looks horrible to me...thats my only complain for the car..the back 1/3 section of the car, and the center console and shifter position.

The Dodge is going to be yet another half-assed attempt at building a competitive product. There is no American car (Cobalt included) that can match the well-rounded design of most japanese/euro cars. Even the "mediocre" Nissans Sentra S-ER is a better package than American cars in the same class. The Caliber may be fast in a strightaway but I highly doubt it has the finess of a MS3 in the turns.

American car company's always fall short of greateness becasue they cut corners. At least that's my opinion. If Dodge really wanted to compete they would have redesigned that ugly interior and upgraded the materials. It looks like they just used the same bad interior they use in the base Calibers.

It's sad really.

I'm gonna wait to see the #'s some mags put out on this before I say too much.
The car is ugly but it has a turbo 4 cylinder engine so I'm intrested to see what it has. I don't agree with the american's don't have a 4 cylinder turbo car that is good looking and fast, what about the sky redline??? I'm not sure on the quality but it does look sexy.

Back