Bugatti Veyron Super Sport: The World's New Fastest Car

Because 2 - 2.5 Million dollars is not a lot of money at all....yeah....they either buy it to let it sit in a garage as a piece of history or they buy it to go fast in and they will end up wrecking it because thats what happens when you go fast.

Seriously....it was built just to go even faster than the already ridiculous veyron. Its a record setter and you only buy it to show the world you have a bigger penis then the guys with the fxx, aero ssc, Koenigsegg CCR. Still pointless.
You know none of them will get driven daily.

I don't know, I can't say I agree here.
Why would anyone buy a million dollar Picasso? Its just a painting that only certain people like. You do so because its art, and because you can!
Cars like these are looked at as engineering marvels. And in the eyes of the engineers, art. If I had the money to spend Id buy it in a heart beat. And no I wouldnt drive it everyday. It would sit in my HOUSE until I had the time to take it to a track.

By the way, just a little food for thought, If you think paying 2+ mill for a car is crazy, how about a 82,500,000.00 painting? At least you can drive the car!

Video: Bugatti Veyron SS takes on Top Gear test track at hands of the Stig

Recently, the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport made headlines by setting a new land speed record, hitting 267.81 miles per hour out on Volkswagen's Ehra-Lessien test track. It may be the fastest production car ever built, but straight-line speed isn't everything, you know. Just ask the Top Gear boys the standard-spec Bugatti Veyron may be an insanely fast machine, but out on the test track, it failed to earn first (or even second or third) place honors.

Naturally, it didn't take long for Top Gear to get the new Veyron SS in the hands of its tame racing driver, The Stig. Captain Slow may have managed the top-rung Bugatti up to 259.11 mph, but how does it fare on the track? Does it take the first place spot, or merely fall somewhere near the top?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OEbudwM3evk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OEbudwM3evk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

[Autoblog]

Hahaha it has 1200 hp and it beats a car with at most 800 by only .3 seconds.

Fast for sure, but fast enough for the money??

I have Seen a Regular Veyron in Person, is very impressive I actually was going to Detail one at the Lamborghini Dealer i clean cars but customer left before i got there to give him price and an appointment..

Hahaha it has 1200 hp and it beats a car with at most 800 by only .3 seconds.

Fast for sure, but fast enough for the money??

its not made for track use... its meant to go straight really fast

"to reach 150 mph, the Veyron needs only 250 HP... but 250 mph requires an additional 750"

When top gear tested it they kept stating how heavy it was and the incredible under-steer around every corner

its not made for track use... its meant to go straight really fast

"to reach 150 mph, the Veyron needs only 250 HP... but 250 mph requires an additional 750"

When top gear tested it they kept stating how heavy it was and the incredible under-steer around every corner

And yet the mclaren F1 went 249 with a total of 640?? And people call the Bugatti a engineering marvell. If they meant to make it go super fast in a straight line then they did everything they could to make it as hard as possible.

the f1 did it with half the weight, and half the confort lol

its an engineering marvel because how effortlessly it gets to those speeds. most super cars as they approach that range they become incredibly unstable.

And yet the mclaren F1 went 249 with a total of 640?? And people call the Bugatti a engineering marvell. If they meant to make it go super fast in a straight line then they did everything they could to make it as hard as possible.

Correct, and not to mention in the F1 you can't talk to your girl while driving down the road unless you have the earphones on. Great speed, great looks, and great comfort come at a great price.

Says who?? Proof? The Mclaren F1 was built as the ultimate road car. For some reason I think that the designers would make sure a conversation was possible. I mean it even have a radio.

That is definitely a directional mike in that camera.... Every other f1 video out there the driver always comments on the noise level... The more soundproofing there is, the higher the weight

Directional mic or not, if it was as loud as everyone says it is then it would be impossible to hear him. Watch the fifth gear video of the race spec mclaren. In that video it is impossible to hear the host talk and headsets are required, but even a stock mclaren (lighter than a miata btw) is quiet enough to hold a conversation.

I really cannot believe you people are complaining about the cockpit noise of a supercar.
If you want a quiet ride then get a effin Rolls Royce!!

My final point is that if I am spending 1+ million dollars on a super car then I want as little luxury and as much performance as possible. If I am throwing a car around a track then I will not care about the hand stitched Italian leather dash or the one off billet titanium stereo knobs. I just want the care to handle better than anything out there. I want to get it, crank it up, hear the V or W whatever roar as loud as it can, and then burn rubber and beat the crap out of it!! I do not want to worry about scratching the leather with my fire suit or damaging the headliner with my helment!! I want to see the gauges and the road and have the lightest weight best handling fastest car possible.

The Veyron is, as I have said before, a luxury yacht!! They did as much as they possibly could to make the car as slow and heavy as possible and THEN made it go fast. Hence the need for 1001 hp. Sure the engine is amazing and the interior is stunning, but the two should not be paired together.

If it floats your boat then great!! Enjoy, but I would take a lot of other cars over it anyday!! and If someone gave my a Veyron I would sell it and buy a McLaren. End of my opinion.

Directional mic or not, if it was as loud as everyone says it is then it would be impossible to hear him. Watch the fifth gear video of the race spec mclaren. In that video it is impossible to hear the host talk and headsets are required, but even a stock mclaren (lighter than a miata btw) is quiet enough to hold a conversation.

I really cannot believe you people are complaining about the cockpit noise of a supercar.

My final point is that if I am spending 1+ million dollars on a super car then I want as little luxury and as much performance as possible. If I am throwing a car around a track then I will not care about the hand stitched Italian leather dash or the one off billet titanium stereo knobs. I just want the care to handle better than anything out there. I want to get it, crank it up, hear the V or W whatever roar as loud as it can, and then burn rubber and beat the crap out of it!! I do not want to worry about scratching the leather with my fire suit or damaging the headliner with my helment!! I want to see the gauges and the road and have the lightest weight best handling fastest car possible.

The Veyron is, as I have said before, a luxury yacht!! They did as much as they possibly could to make the car as slow and heavy as possible and THEN made it go fast. Hence the need for 1001 hp. Sure the engine is amazing and the interior is stunning, but the two should not be paired together.

If it floats your boat then great!! Enjoy, but I would take a lot of other cars over it anyday!! and If someone gave my a Veyron I would sell it and buy a McLaren. End of my opinion.

Dude, if you can't tell how load that car is you are tone deaf! That mic is right next to him; once he started the car you can tell the difference in the sound. The point I was making was that while these other cars are fast, they do so by making them super light. Because of that it takes away from the quality of the ride and the experience of the drive. The Bugatti is a normal car, both luxurious and sophisticated, but at the same time a super car that is now the fastest car in the world. If you watched the TopGear video even at 250 mph the short guy is still talking to you and he doesnt have to yell. There is a huge difference between cars like the F1 and The Veyron. The old saying you get what you pay for is so true in this situation.

This is not true either. He wanted to be the first person to build a street legal 1000 hp production car. I can't find it, but I remember reading an article about the hp race. He was shotting for 1000 and ended up 1001 hp.

I do see your point of what is best around a track, but the Veryon is not a track car.

..and some do not want a abnoxious loud rough car with no ac and no radio and you have to be a gymnist to get in and out of.

To each his own. The Veyron defies what we thought a super fast car had to be. That is seriously stripped version of a car without any creature comforts in order to achieve record breaking speeds. You can actually drive the veyron comfortably on any day....well, except winter.

Personally, I want both the Veyron and Mclaren f1 lm. toss in a few Astons and Ferrari's too...hey, we are dreaming right?

Back