Bug Deflector

Bug Shield for 2008 Mazda5

Guys,

What is the brand name and where do you buy the it?

i have been searching the net and cannot find any one selling the bug shield for my 2008 Mazda 5

I have resorted to just waxing the MZ5 regularly. Then Washing a door at a time, and then the rest of the MZ5. Bugs will stick even to the clear plastic and you still have to wash them off. The paint underneat the plasctic guard maybe safe.. But at that time that the bug was stuck in the shield the car still looked bugged ladden.

Guys,

What is the brand name and where do you buy the it?

i have been searching the net and cannot find any one selling the bug shield for my 2008 Mazda 5

Maybe not much help here but I've seen many around the web for the 2006 and 2007 models. Now, that said, to me the 06/07 hoods look exactly the same as the 08. The facelift changes are below the hood only (headlights, grill, bumper, etc, etc) so IMO find one for the 06/07 and then give them a call before buying to see if they accept returns, just in case.

Now, worst case scenario I use something like this when washing, it works great too and no need for the shield :D
pressurewash-elec.jpg

Heya

Got the new Mazda Bug Deflector today. Only took 35 min to install. Looks fine. A highway test no vibs or noticible noise either.
Cost about 75 Bux Canadian.

Great look,by the way, what's the name of the paint job?

Last edited:
I have a white GT on order and want the bug shield for stone chips. The German dealerships over here can't even get them :(

I called a couple dealerships in Canada and they would ship to me but shipping combined with customs to the US was double what the bug shield cost. WTF!

Why do they offer it only in Japan and Canada?

dddd

I have a white GT on order and want the bug shield for stone chips. The German dealerships over here can't even get them :(

I called a couple dealerships in Canada and they would ship to me but shipping combined with customs to the US was double what the bug shield cost. WTF!

Why do they offer it only in Japan and Canada?

I would say your best bet will be ebay
GIve https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) a try.

Last edited:
Had my deflector installed last weekend....

...and it looks awesome on my metallic silver 2008 Mazda GS 5. Had the dealer install it since I didn't want to screw it up on my one week old car.

May I know where you brought it from? Are they OEM? I am in southern California and no one since to be able to locate the part# at all. Please help!! I already got a chip and dent on my new Mazda 5 Hood. Sucks!!!!

I am looking to get a bug deflector for my 5 and was wondering if anyone else has tried this magnetic deflector and if so how do you like it?

Well it arrived today and it looks great. No need for pics cause it looks just like the website but here is one. I followed the directions to apply a hair dryer to get it to form around the corners. When it was done I armour alled it and wiped it with a terry cloth to remove the shine. My car is Carbon Grey so the black blends nicely. Well see how it goes when it gets hot. I am very pleased so far.

Back