Bravo Mazda!

Kaps

Contributor
:
CX-5 Touring 2016.5
Bravo Mazda! - Apple Carplay / Android Auto update added.

YTD numbers are in. Mazda sees 14.8% YTD sales jump. Only automakers to beat this are Volvo and Tesla.

CX5 numbers though - wait for it - 75% YTD jump. For this month its 90% YoY Jump. Man - they can't make CX-5 fast enough it seems.

Some other tidbits - Nissan sales are down 29%. Altima sales are half of last year. Seems the discounts have stopped flowing. Pretty much entire lineup is loosing sales except Rogue.
CR-V is down 12.XX percent as well. Honda overall is down 3%.

Over in Canada - it seems they have lost some love for Mazda but US is buying them up by the bucket loads. If Mazda has a 75% YoY jump .. heck even a 30% YoY Jump that would be a record. I believe the new Forester being as plain jane as it is might help.
Best news for this year - 18 Turbo and CX-5 Diesel - might be the first time CX-5 sales hit 200K in USA. That would be shocking.
I think many buyers for new turbo6 are waiting on major reviewers but it seems its a winner. Best in class again.

Sources good car bad car website.

Additional update May 9th 2018:

Mazda has announced Apple Carplay / AA will be available via a software / hardware update in July for Touring trim or above Mazda6 vehicles. Mazda Canada in an earlier video confirmed AA / AC for cars with the new commander system from 2014 up. ****
It means it is possible to get this feature in CX-5 upper trims for earlier years and all trims for 2016 onwards (I guess??).
This is a big news - reason even though AA/AC is available in many makes and models there are two fundamental issues:
1. Its usually the top trim.
2. It has been a bit unreliable till now.

It will be interesting to see how Mazda implements this feature - basically allowing 2014 models to get AA is amazing. I hope it spikes re-sale values now. I dont know if I really need one - maybe I will have to see it in flesh.

**** - Source CNET. Google Cnet Mazda6 Android Auto.
<THE END>​

Attachments

• suv.JPG
    suv.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 180
  • OA.JPG
    OA.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I'm torn.

On one hand, I love seeing a car company like Mazda succeed.
On the other hand, if they keep selling like this I won't be able to get great deals from them in the future!

Just imagine what happens if the Skyactiv-X ever comes makes it to market!

I can see it even in my day to day driving to work and back.

So many Mazdas on the road now. When I bought my CX-5 in 2013, there were hardly any other CX-5 drivers out there.

Now I see both Gen 1 and Gen 2 CX-5's every single day.

Makes me happy and sad at the same time though. Kinda missed being the only CX-5 on the road. :D

I'm torn.

Just imagine what happens if the Skyactiv-X ever comes makes it to market!

Or even Z diesel:) It does suck that they seem to be going the way of the CR-V in that they're almost becoming too common! That said, they deserve those strong numbers-its a great all around vehicle and strong sales definitely doesn't hurt our resale. My YoY KBB trade in almost hasn't moved!!

Not sure if this was posted or not but I recently came across (somehow almost a month late)..this could be some of what's going on:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/lexus/nx/2018/2017-mazda-cx-5-vs-2018-lexus-nx-300-comparison-review/

I can see it even in my day to day driving to work and back.

So many Mazdas on the road now. When I bought my CX-5 in 2013, there were hardly any other CX-5 drivers out there.

Now I see both Gen 1 and Gen 2 CX-5's every single day.

Makes me happy and sad at the same time though. Kinda missed being the only CX-5 on the road. :D

This is awesome news.
It should get even better when the news about the Honda 1.5l turbo engine and the oil dilution problem hits mainstream news.
Honda is doing their best to keep it out of the public eye, but it is only a matter of time before the car world gets wise.
Watch the sales tank after that. Looks good on Honda.

As for so many Mazda's on the road, yes, I see a lot of CX-5's and Mazda 3's.
That's why I'm actually happy I bought the 6.
I'm still driving a pretty exclusive car, and it's a beautiful thing.

Man - they can't make CX-5 fast enough it seems.

Some other tidbits - Nissan sales are down 29%.

Sources good car bad car website.

If they can't build CX-5s fast enough, why does my dealer show as having 17 on the lot; but visiting them is certainly seems like a lot more. The only car with more is the '3. Every other new model is below 10 units; however, i could have sworn I saw at least a dozen MX-5s out front and with just as many CX-9s. I guess the website is not as up to date as I thought it would be.

I'm going back there tomorrow and I'll count them again.

As far as Nissan is concerned; it is a no brainer. Their cars are dull, they all have CVTs, their truck line-up is stale and (way) over-priced, and their cars aren't bringing the tech/features of similar competitors and their lone affordable sports car is not really a good bargain; a great car, just not a good deal in the FR two door/people coupe segment. With that said, the Rogue (bigger one) is selling like hot cakes in the southern Ohio area. They are literally every where, in all trims S, SV and SL, but I'm not sure how many are AWD.

If they can't build CX-5s fast enough, why does my dealer show as having 17 on the lot; but visiting them is certainly seems like a lot more. The only car with more is the '3. Every other new model is below 10 units; however, i could have sworn I saw at least a dozen MX-5s out front and with just as many CX-9s. I guess the website is not as up to date as I thought it would be.

I'm going back there tomorrow and I'll count them again.

As far as Nissan is concerned; it is a no brainer. Their cars are dull, they all have CVTs, their truck line-up is stale and (way) over-priced, and their cars aren't bringing the tech/features of similar competitors and their lone affordable sports car is not really a good bargain; a great car, just not a good deal in the FR two door/people coupe segment. With that said, the Rogue (bigger one) is selling like hot cakes in the southern Ohio area. They are literally every where, in all trims S, SV and SL, but I'm not sure how many are AWD.

If you really care how many cars are on a lot, why would you even?, go to carguru.com and you can search trims and various options and see how many are on a lot and how many days each vin has been on the lot.

Again not sure if your trying to prove out they literally can’t make them fast enough with your numbers. That’s more a figure of speech. While Ohio might not be as popular there are other cities with higher demands.

Resale value will go up. I am thinking of old style Mazda 3 skyactiv. More roomy. Plus doesn't have sexy kodo design. 40 mpg highway legend!!

Again not sure if your trying to prove out they literally can’t make them fast enough with your numbers. That’s more a figure of speech. While Ohio might not be as popular there are other cities with higher demands.

I don't know what part of Ohio he is from but I promise you it is NOT what we call NEO (North East Ohio). This would be the Cleveland Akron area. This place is, and has been for years, Mazda Central. I sincerely doubt ANY other region on Planet Earth, except MAYBE somewhere in that Continent that Xerlr8ing lives on, has a higher percentage of Mazda's on the road that good old CLE. There are 6 Mazda dealers within 50-70 miles of me. I see WAY more CX-5's then CRV's.
Clevelander's have taste. ;)

Also agree that I really prefer smaller 'nichey' car companies. DON'T GET TOO BIG MAZDA! Hahahaha
Former Saab owner here. Talk about nichey.
If it was a Toyota CX-5 odds are I wouldn't be driving it. I did test drive the CRV but I'll admit I really had no intention of buying it going in. Something would have had to REALLY wow me... and it didn't.

AA / AC update added to original thread.

Additional update May 9th 2018:

Mazda has announced Apple Carplay / AA will be available via a software / hardware update in July for Touring trim or above Mazda6 vehicles. Mazda Canada in an earlier video confirmed AA / AC for cars with the new commander system from 2014 up. ****
It means it is possible to get this feature in CX-5 upper trims for earlier years and all trims for 2016 onwards (I guess??).
This is a big news - reason even though AA/AC is available in many makes and models there are two fundamental issues:
1. Its usually the top trim.
2. It has been a bit unreliable till now.

It will be interesting to see how Mazda implements this feature - basically allowing 2014 models to get AA is amazing. I hope it spikes re-sale values now. I dont know if I really need one - maybe I will have to see it in flesh.

**** - Source CNET. Google Cnet Mazda6 Android Auto.

2 man enter
1 man leave

buy more mazda
better options from assembly plant leave

As much as I love my Cx5 (best car Ive owned to date) their handling of infotainment has been a disaster. They shot themselves in the foot by not offering it from the get-go and now theyre recovering. CarPlay has been out since 2014. As a 2017 Cx5 GT owner, if they really dont offer apple car play / AA for years prior to 2016 Im going to be heavily disappointed at Mazda for their shortseightedness.

As much as I love my Cx5 (best car I’ve owned to date) their handling of infotainment has been a disaster. They shot themselves in the foot by not offering it from the get-go and now they’re recovering. CarPlay has been out since 2014. As a 2017 Cx5 GT owner, if they really don’t offer apple car play / AA for years prior to 2016 I’m going to be heavily disappointed at Mazda for their shortseightedness.
I couldn't care less, but I agree that the way they've handled it was less than stellar for those who do.

Here in Panama the CX-5 is selling by the bucket loads. One of these days I will try to get a pic of all 6 CX-5 from my office.

I couldn't care less, but I agree that the way they've handled it was less than stellar for those who do.
Yep. Agree. I have AA. I use it once in awhile. Not a big deal to me.
But wholeheartedly agree Mazda dropped the ball by ignoring everyone. Still today, Mazda USA has yet to say one more word about it...

Back