Brand new CX-5:speaker problems

:
Mazda CX-5 2.2 Diesel 4WD
Hi, I just bought a brand new CX-5 (2.2 Diesel, 4WD, Optimum) last week. I love the car, but I have one challenge. Sometimes when I listen to music, the sound suddenly dissapears, and a deep bass sound plays for a few seconds on the passenger side speaker. Then it resumes playing music as normal. This happens with all audio inputs (bluetooth, radio, etc.) Is this a known problem?

Take it to the dealer. You have an intermittent condition somewhere in the signal chain; it's not worth giving it any further thought while the car is under warranty. For what it's worth I haven't seen any reports of this as being a known problem.

Last edited:
I've only had mine for a couple weeks, but haven't seen any problems, other than a slow connection with blue-tooth, which is probably normal. I would take it to the dealer, too. Even if it's intermittent, stay on them to fix it.

I just got a reply from the dealer. He told me it was actually the lane departure warning system, which makes the base-like trembling sound! When I change lane without notifying, it makes this sound. This didn't cross my mind at all, all the other sounds are just regular notification alerts. I will test it later today, hope this is true :D

Latest posts

Back