Brake rotor sizes

erikmanx

mazdaism
Contributor
:
2017 CX-5 AWD T
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anybody knows what size the stock MP3 front and rear rotors are?

erikmanx said:
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anybody knows what size the stock MP3 front and rear rotors are?

Don't know off the top of my head, but I'll measure my extra ones later on. They are different thenthe MSP's thought, but same as the other 2.0 liter protege's.

Bigg Tim said:
Don't know off the top of my head, but I'll measure my extra ones later on. They are different thenthe MSP's thought, but same as the other 2.0 liter protege's.

Not true. Different part number. If you go to Mazda stealership, they require a VIN to get the right part.

It's visibly thicker, if not a noticeable bit larger.

madhatter said:
Not true. Different part number. If you go to Mazda stealership, they require a VIN to get the right part.

I was told the MSP's are larger, not much larger but larger non the less. There is a manual that has the differences between the MSP's and the non-MSP's that is supposed to show the differences.

The only brake upgrade is moving to the msp calipers. Otherwise its the same thing.

Moeed said:
The only brake upgrade is moving to the msp calipers. Otherwise its the same thing.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info, I knew something was different. I'll still measure the rotors later today for erikmanx.

Bigg Tim said:
I stand corrected. Thanks for the info, I knew something was different. I'll still measure the rotors later today for erikmanx.

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the info so far

madhatter said:

riight

more "my MP3 has better parts!" posts :rolleyes:
every brake part is the EXACT same as the P5 and ES

TheMAN said:
riight

more "my MP3 has better parts!" posts :rolleyes:
every brake part is the EXACT same as the P5 and ES

Whatever professor. Go check the part number. I just did front and rear rotors on my MP3 and they needed the VIN. It's a different part number. If it was the same as the ES, I could go get them anywhere and pay a lot less.

They should be the same, dealerships want the VIN so they can charge more. The front rotors are 10 1/8" in diameter and the rears are 10 1/4" in diameter. The ones I measure are aftermarket drilled and slotted and they were the same if you had anything other then an MSP.

Oh yeah, TheMAN is highly knowledgable when it comes to Mazda's. I would pretty much believe what he says, that's why he's called "TheMAN"!!!

Last edited:
Bigg Tim said:
They should be the same, dealerships want the VIN so they can charge more. The front rotors are 10 1/8" in diameter and the rears are 10 1/4" in diameter. The ones I measure are aftermarket drilled and slotted and they were the same if you had anything other then an MSP.

Oh yeah, TheMAN is highly knowledgable when it comes to Mazda's. I would pretty much believe what he says, that's why he's called "TheMAN"!!!

Not to impugn anyone's creditability around here, but I assure you that the part numbers are different. Go to the Mazda dealership, autozone, advance, and they all list the mp3 rotor as a different line item. I might buy that the dealer wants more for the part, but they don't just arbitrarily assign different part numbers for the same part. Sure looks like the diameter is the same from my looking at it though. (tic tac in a hippo's mouth with the stock 17's on them)

They could very well have different P/N's, but they will be the same rotor. I see it as just another way to get more money.

Bigg Tim said:
They could very well have different P/N's, but they will be the same rotor. I see it as just another way to get more money.

Believable.
Unsurprising.
Will double check next time I'm swapping rotors at the track.
If I can get autozone blanks I'll be happier anyway.
Stealership parts depts suck.

As you can see, they're the same...
"sport susp" = ES & P5
"MPS susp" = MP3
"MPS2 susp" = MSP

any other questions? (poke)

Attachments

• frotor.jpg
    frotor.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 138
  • rrotor.jpg
    rrotor.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 118
Here are the sizes according to the Napa.
ES,P5,MP3 ------10 25/64"
MSP ------------10 31/64"

Not really a huge difference.

you're not reading the thread
the issue was MP3 vs P5/ES
everyone knows the MSP is way different!

Your not reading my post! We know this I am listing the exact sizes and they arent that much different not even a inch It was just a fyi.

This was the original question I listed the size and the msp rotor size.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back