Boosted_Speed is Going Big Turbo =)

Boosted_Speed

:
MazdaSpeed Protege
alright Everyone well as some of you may know i had a stock turbo on 14psi (im guessing i was making almost 300hp) well anyways i sold my turbo kit to Jack Rot (a member in this forum ).. and now i have decided to go balls to the wall the wall.. with that said here are all the mods im going to do

here are some pictures

Gt3037s dual bb

custom made low mount turbo manifold

Tial 44mm external Wastegate

Tial 50mm blow off valve

3.5inch downpipe

custom intercooler pipeing

550ccs injectors for now

dual 255 walbro fuel pumps

microtech lt10s with custom tune by olympic motorsports

i will have pictures of everything soon

Attachments

• 2dkbtro.jpg
    2dkbtro.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 2ivh0fq.jpg
    2ivh0fq.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Going to be sick, but i might beat you to it.

I'm having a custom twin scroll tubular manifold and a 3' dp made!!

The Thunder gave some hp's but I want more it going to be a twin scroll gt3076
:)

Last edited:
Ill be running a GT3071 sometime this year :)

Bigger turbo's are better for the trans IMHO. Takes longer to spool.

Ill be running a GT3071 sometime this year :)

Bigger turbo's are better for the trans IMHO. Takes longer to spool.

As far as adding power later in the powerband, yes it is better for the trans. But simply adding that much power will be like pouring gunpowder in your gas tank.

I actually have no idea how bad the gunpowder idea might be, but it sounds rough lol.

As far as adding power later in the powerband, yes it is better for the trans. But simply adding that much power will be like pouring gunpowder in your gas tank.

I actually have no idea how bad the gunpowder idea might be, but it sounds rough lol.

How is it like adding gunpowder to the gastank? Lol

Theres plenty of people running the GT3071, and no major issues, because they have a built block and have all suporting Mods and have it tuned.

But when I get mine im going to be at 10PSI to 14PSI only untill I get my trans done, because its a Daily driver for me.... haha

How is it like adding gunpowder to the gastank? Lol

Theres plenty of people running the GT3071, and no major issues, because they have a built block and have all suporting Mods and have it tuned.

But when I get mine im going to be at 10PSI to 14PSI only untill I get my trans done, because its a Daily driver for me.... haha

I meant on the stock tranny.

subin. Just want to see where this thread leads to. GT3071 is a big turbo. Does that bolt up the stock manifold? Or will it need to be a custom? A welded lsd will help a lot. Tranny should be able to hold up to 300hp i guess.

subin. Just want to see where this thread leads to. GT3071 is a big turbo. Does that bolt up the stock manifold? Or will it need to be a custom? A welded lsd will help a lot. Tranny should be able to hold up to 300hp i guess.

You can get the GT3071 in a compressed housing and on a GT2 flange :p thats what I am doing, THe OP Is going external wastegate on a GT3 flange from what i read. (popcorn)

ok everyone the manifold is almost made i will be uploading all pictures today and as far as the tranny and clutch i have a stage 3 act 6 puck clutch unsprung and tranny wise ALL GEARS ARE STOCK !! i know disaster is waiting too happen but ima push the tranny to the limit

Good luck man that seems like a hell of a build. I bet she will scream. I cant wait to get out of college and build my msp. Ill only be shooting for 18-20psi on the gt28rs so nothing crazy. but good luck man.

BTW, there is no way you made 300 hp on 14psi on the stock turbo lol im not being a dick I mentioned this before. Just forget that I even said that. But in all honesty you have a hell of a build going on.

What are you going to use to tune this thing?

Good luck man that seems like a hell of a build. I bet she will scream. I cant wait to get out of college and build my msp. Ill only be shooting for 18-20psi on the gt28rs so nothing crazy. but good luck man.

BTW, there is no way you made 300 hp on 14psi on the stock turbo lol im not being a dick I mentioned this before. Just forget that I even said that. But in all honesty you have a hell of a build going on.

What are you going to use to tune this thing?

i know your not being a dick lol i was just guessing haha but yea i will be useing a microtech lt10s to tune it and thanks for the good comments bro

you were makin 300hp on 14psi....sorry but no you werent

not that it matters anymore, now that you have that gigantic turbo lol
you should have got the t25 flanged one so you didnt have to have a custom mani made

Your picture resizing ability needs work....

Your turbo is big
The tranny is weak
Have fun in a straight line.

ok well i obviously know that the tranny is weak..

and i know my turbo is big i bought it..

straight line is what its being made for ?

Last edited:
you were makin 300hp on 14psi....sorry but no you werent

not that it matters anymore, now that you have that gigantic turbo lol
you should have got the t25 flanged one so you didnt have to have a custom mani made

i was going to but i wanted to have a custom manifold made for unique looks =)

Back