Blown speaker 2015 CX-5 Grand Touring Bose

Hello gang,

My driver front door speaker is compromised, I think. The issue only surfaces when listening to bass heavy music, though. I get a rattle from it at that point. I am kinda scared to take the door card off and find out what’s happening in there…If it is blown, should I look for an OEM replacement to match the rest?

There’s a TSB for gen-1 CX-5 Bose front door 23cm (9”) Nd woofers due to the rust issue. I got a pair of improved version under warranty which supposedly won’t rust away like originals. In your case you can get a pair of updated Bose 9” woofers to replace the originals, or get a pair of aftermarket 10” 2 / 3-way speakers. Since you won’t DIY, going the aftermarket route to have some reputable shop doing it may be better.

Search the forum and there’re plenty of good suggestions on choice of aftermarket 10” speakers.

Be sure and check for things just rattling because they are so close by. In any case you might have to at least loosen the bottom part of the door panel.

Most likely the speaker cone separated from the outer perimeter. I was able to take mine out and glue them back together with some RTV silicone and clamps to hold it together until it dried. This has worked great for almost 2 years so far for me.

Is there a write up somewhere for the best way to take the door apart? I am handy and have done many repairs on this car, but I always worry about breaking those plastic clips when trying to pry it open…

Is there a write up somewhere for the best way to take the door apart? I am handy and have done many repairs on this car, but I always worry about breaking those plastic clips when trying to pry it open…
You most likely will break some plastic clips on the door panel on CX-5 even if you use a proper tool. It isn’t a big deal as you can find replacement clips at Mazda dealer or order it online such as AliExpress or Temu cheap.

Back