Anyone know size and # wires of 2014 CX-5 Bose Front Door Speaker?

My daughter just bought a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring with the BOSE sound and asked me to listen to the front door speakers. Yup - the're blown: probably the moisture problem separating the frame from spider that I read about.

Before I take her car for a weekend to solve this I'm trying to have both the "glue fix" and a "replace aftermarket fix" (if too far gone) in hand before popping the door panel off.

I've read up and know these are <2 ohm drivers but haven't seen answers anywhere to 2 questions I have before choosing a 1-2 ohm woofer (and protecting it from moisture):

(1) What is the "size" in inches of the front door woofers? Crutchfield steers me to 6.5" drivers but all pics of the 2013-2015 part online show a Mazda part label that says "9 INCH SPEAKER". That's a big difference! I'm trying to order woofers and can get either 6.5" or 8". 8's would be better if they fit the mounting holes. Cant see how a 6.5 frame would fit. But I can't really take the door panel off to see before ordering.

(2) How many wires are in the connector to this bose woofer? I'm hoping just the standard 2 cuz I'll be a bit stumped if there are more. If it's more than 2 wires and someone can tell me how to connect to standard terminals that would be really appreciated.

Thanks! If it was my car I'd have the panels off already and it all taken apart and measured, but I don't have access to the car before the big fix.

Should be just the 2 wires. As far as size, you'll have to physically measure it. I'm almost certain that the Bose are physically different from the non-Bose, but as far as the exact size, I'm not sure.

You can look ok on eBay for some replacement drivers.

Upvote 0
Thanks! 2 wires is helpful. I decided at this point to just order supplies to fix the rust separation on the orig drivers and coat the driver frame with a thin layer of aquarium silicone to seal and rust proof it. I haven’t seen any threads of aftermarket door driver replacements (any sizes) without adding amps cuz the bose signal to the stock drivers is so unique in freq, impedance and power. If I can get back to stock - that’s fine.

Upvote 0
Back